Is Ajax.NET really so much javascript coding?

egholm

I have just been playing around with ajax.net v. 6.7.20.1 (with .NET
framework 1.1) and I was surprised how much javascript I had to write
to make it work. I have used this tutorial:

http://www.codersource.net/published/view/301/using_ajax_net_library_2.aspx

For example, if I make a client side callback to a server method that
returns a dataset, then I have to loop through the returned dataset in
javascript to populate a html table. It seems like a lot of extra
coding to make it work. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Ajax.NET is a lower level Ajax implementation than others. Personally, I
love it. It's more lightweight because of it and provides really granular
control.

If you want something a little more abstract, you should look at
MagicAjax.NET or Microsoft's Atlas.

Karl