    message on multiple newsgroups.

    Thanks.

    , Feb 27, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't understand why DELL is unwilling to sell AMD64 products. Steve
    > Felice, VP @ DELl says their is no customers demand for AMD64. Suck to
    > be Steve. From various Linux flavors to BSD, the OS rocks on AMD64
    > macs. I have seen conformance test suite benhcmarks which are better on
    > AMD64 than on f**ing Itanium.
    >
    > I feel this is a ridiculous policy @ DELL not to sell AMD products.
    > Anyone in FTC listening ?
    >
    > Sorry but I am frustrated by this attitude of DELL and will post this
    > message on multiple newsgroups.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Maybe you should let Dell know. I for one have no authority over them.

    DHOLLINGSWORTH2, Feb 27, 2005

  3. [OT] Re: Is AMD64 an untouchable @ DELL ?

    <> wrote in message
    > I don't understand why DELL is unwilling to sell AMD64 products. Steve
    > Felice, VP @ DELl says their is no customers demand for AMD64. Suck to
    > be Steve. From various Linux flavors to BSD, the OS rocks on AMD64
    > macs. I have seen conformance test suite benhcmarks which are better on
    > AMD64 than on f**ing Itanium.

    Business reasons: they obviously get better pricing etc from intel
    by exclusively selling their processors.

    > I feel this is a ridiculous policy @ DELL not to sell AMD products.
    > Anyone in FTC listening ?

    FTC? Since Dell isn't in a monopolistic position, there is nothing
    wrong with the way it chooses its suppliers.

    > Sorry but I am frustrated by this attitude of DELL and will post this
    > message on multiple newsgroups.

    This is much more reprehensible that what Dell does.
    Buy your PCs from another vendor.
    If you buy Dell, maybe you are benefiting from the discounted
    price it gets on Intel processors. But for sure you aren't
    giving it an incentive to change its policy.

    Ivan Vecerina, Feb 27, 2005
  4. Rolf Magnus Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't understand why DELL is unwilling to sell AMD64 products. Steve
    > Felice, VP @ DELl says their is no customers demand for AMD64. Suck to
    > be Steve. From various Linux flavors to BSD, the OS rocks on AMD64
    > macs. I have seen conformance test suite benhcmarks which are better on
    > AMD64 than on f**ing Itanium.

    I fail to see the connection to C++ here.

    > I feel this is a ridiculous policy @ DELL not to sell AMD products.
    > Anyone in FTC listening ?
    >
    > Sorry but I am frustrated by this attitude of DELL and will post this
    > message on multiple newsgroups.

    So you're not only post off-topic messages, but also do multi-posting (which
    is even worse than cross-posting).

    Rolf Magnus, Feb 27, 2005
  5. Allan Bruce Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't understand why DELL is unwilling to sell AMD64 products. Steve
    > Felice, VP @ DELl says their is no customers demand for AMD64. Suck to
    > be Steve. From various Linux flavors to BSD, the OS rocks on AMD64
    > macs. I have seen conformance test suite benhcmarks which are better on
    > AMD64 than on f**ing Itanium.
    >
    > I feel this is a ridiculous policy @ DELL not to sell AMD products.
    > Anyone in FTC listening ?
    >
    > Sorry but I am frustrated by this attitude of DELL and will post this
    > message on multiple newsgroups.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It will be because there is no 64-bit operating system from MS yet.
    Besides, this aint got anything to do with C++...

    Allan Bruce, Feb 27, 2005
  6. Re: [OT ]Is AMD64 an untouchable @ DELL ?

    Allan Bruce wrote:

    > It will be because there is no 64-bit operating system from MS yet.
    > Besides, this aint got anything to do with C++...

    Facts so far:

    Two days ago, Intel released its Pentium 4 x64 processors. You may check
    shop web sites to see prices (here in Greece Intel's are ~220€).

    Until the end of 2005 both companies will provide dual core mainstream
    x64 processors (Athlon x64 and Pentium 4 x64), while AMD will provide
    high-end dual core x64 processors since summer 2005 (Opteron x64).

    MS is releasing Windows XP Professional x64 along with Windows 2003 x64
    Server at the end of March. RC2 was released few days ago:

    http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/windowsxp_x64_preview2.asp

    Windows x64 for these x64 enabled processors can run both 32-bit and
    64-bit applications (except of the low level 32-bit ones) while require
    64-bit drivers, but not 16-bit applications any more.

    --
    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys

    Ioannis Vranos, Feb 27, 2005
  7. "Allan Bruce" <> wrote...
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I don't understand why DELL is unwilling to sell AMD64 products. Steve
    >> Felice, VP @ DELl says their is no customers demand for AMD64. Suck to
    >> be Steve. From various Linux flavors to BSD, the OS rocks on AMD64
    >> macs. I have seen conformance test suite benhcmarks which are better on
    >> AMD64 than on f**ing Itanium.
    >>
    >> I feel this is a ridiculous policy @ DELL not to sell AMD products.
    >> Anyone in FTC listening ?
    >>
    >> Sorry but I am frustrated by this attitude of DELL and will post this
    >> message on multiple newsgroups.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > It will be because there is no 64-bit operating system from MS yet.

    Really? I didn't know they are so full of hot air...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/default.mspx
    And what is "It" in your statement? Never mind, it's all off-topic.

    It ain't. They guy is just a f****ng troll. And you're feeding him.

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 27, 2005