    2008 slump. You see, people were worried in advance about his future
    policies, and that's what caused the economy to tank. Seriously.

    (Paul Krugman - Addicted to Bush)

    Kenny McCormack, Oct 22, 2011

  2. Kenny McCormack wrote:
    > I note two things:
    >
    > 1) The "Thank you, Dennis!" thread is the most active thread in this
    > ng (the past few days).
    > 2) Despite that, I note that Kiki hasn't responded at all in that
    > thread, so I guess the answer to the posted question is probably
    > "no".
    >
    > Note, incidentally, that if the answer to the question is "Yes", then
    > that's all to the good. Can anyone answer that question? Thanks.

    The Question is (from Subject line: Is Dennis Ritchie mentioned in the C
    standards documents?

    The Answer is: yes, in the Bibliography:
    Bibliography

    1. ‘‘The C Reference Manual’’ by Dennis M. Ritchie, a version of which was

    published in The C Programming Language by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis

    M. Ritchie, Prentice-Hall, Inc., (1978). Copyright owned by AT&T.

    Bye, Jojo

    Joachim Schmitz, Oct 22, 2011

  3. Kenny McCormack

    Kaz Kylheku Guest

    On 2011-10-22, Kenny McCormack <> wrote:
    > Note, incidentally, that if the answer to the question is "Yes", then that's
    > all to the good. Can anyone answer that question? Thanks.

    Of course the 1989 ANSI standard used the K&R1 as the base document.

    C99 has retains this reference, and it is the first entry in the

    Kaz Kylheku, Oct 22, 2011
  4. In article <j7v64d$5bp$>,
    Joachim Schmitz <> wrote:
    >Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >> I note two things:
    >>
    >> 1) The "Thank you, Dennis!" thread is the most active thread in this
    >> ng (the past few days).
    >> 2) Despite that, I note that Kiki hasn't responded at all in that
    >> thread, so I guess the answer to the posted question is probably
    >> "no".
    >>
    >> Note, incidentally, that if the answer to the question is "Yes", then
    >> that's all to the good. Can anyone answer that question? Thanks.

    >The Question is (from Subject line: Is Dennis Ritchie mentioned in the C
    >standards documents?
    >
    >The Answer is: yes, in the Bibliography:

    Thanks! Then I guess Kiki can't say these threads are off-topic.

    --
    "We should always be disposed to believe that which appears to us to be
    white is really black, if the hierarchy of the church so decides."

    - Saint Ignatius Loyola (1491-1556) Founder of the Jesuit Order -

    Kenny McCormack, Oct 22, 2011
  5. Kenny McCormack

    Guest

    Kenny McCormack <> wrote:

    > Note, incidentally, that if the answer to the question is "Yes", then that's
    > all to the good. Can anyone answer that question? Thanks.

    Yes, K&R is the very first entry in the Bibliography.
    --
    Larry Jones

    I've got an idea for a sit-com called "Father Knows Zilch." -- Calvin

    , Oct 22, 2011