    Cheers
    Chris

    kick-butt.co.uk
    Joker7, Jun 22, 2005

  2. In article <1119449185.5802ac3c72483481b68c3eae54e63e10@teranews>,
    says...
    > Is it possable to scroll the content of a page with out using javascript ?
    > If so how?

    Use the mouse and the scrollbar.

    --
    Hywel

    Kill the Crazy Frog
    http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Joker7

    Joker7 Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    : > Is it possable to scroll the content of a page with out using javascript
    ?
    : > If so how?
    :
    : Use the mouse and the scrollbar.
    :
    :
    Thanks for you help .......

    Cheers
    Chris
    kick-butt.co.uk
    Joker7, Jun 23, 2005
  4. Joker7

    Joker7 Guest

    "Joker7" <> wrote in message :

    body {position: relative; margin: 0; padding: 0;}
    body {background: white url(bkg.jpg) 0 0 repeat-x fixed;}

    Cheers
    Chris
    kick-butt.co.uk
    Joker7, Jun 23, 2005
  5. Re: Is it possable to scroll the content of a page with out usingjavascript ? If so how?

    Joker7 wrote:

    > "Joker7" <> wrote in message :
    >
    > body {position: relative; margin: 0; padding: 0;}
    > body {background: white url(bkg.jpg) 0 0 repeat-x fixed;}
    >

    > Cheers
    > Chris
    > kick-butt.co.uk

    That will make the background image static with respect to the viewport,
    but it will not have anything to do with the 'scrolling' of the page's
    content which was your original question.

    Scrolling is a behavior, under the auspices of JavaScript. The only
    other way is with plugin apps like flash or java applets...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 23, 2005
  6. Joker7

    Joker7 Guest

    :: That will make the background image static with respect to the viewport,
    : but it will not have anything to do with the 'scrolling' of the page's
    : content which was your original question.
    :
    : Scrolling is a behavior, under the auspices of JavaScript. The only
    : other way is with plugin apps like flash or java applets...
    :
    : --
    : Take care,
    :
    : Jonathan

    It was just my attempt at sarcasm !!!

    Cheers
    Chris
    kick-butt.co.uk
    Joker7, Jun 23, 2005
  7. Re: Is it possable to scroll the content of a page with out usingjavascript ? If so how?

    Joker7 wrote:

    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    > :: That will make the background image static with respect to the viewport,
    > : but it will not have anything to do with the 'scrolling' of the page's
    > : content which was your original question.
    > :
    > : Scrolling is a behavior, under the auspices of JavaScript. The only
    > : other way is with plugin apps like flash or java applets...
    > :
    > : --
    > : Take care,
    > :
    > : Jonathan
    >
    > It was just my attempt at sarcasm !!!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Chris
    > kick-butt.co.uk

    Oooooh, gotcha! ;-)

    But I still stand by my anwser, that is the only way I know of....

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 23, 2005
  8. Joker7

    kchayka Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > In article <1119449185.5802ac3c72483481b68c3eae54e63e10@teranews>,
    > says...
    >> Is it possable to scroll the content of a page with out using javascript ?
    >> If so how?

    > Use the mouse and the scrollbar.

    I prefer using the arrow and page up/down keys.

    kchayka, Jun 24, 2005
  9. In article <>, says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > > In article <1119449185.5802ac3c72483481b68c3eae54e63e10@teranews>,
    > > says...
    > >> Is it possable to scroll the content of a page with out using javascript ?
    > >> If so how?

    > > Use the mouse and the scrollbar.

    > I prefer using the arrow and page up/down keys.

    As if that will ever catch on. Pah!

    Hywel Jenkins, Jun 26, 2005