Is it Possible to Bind an Asp Xml Control to Repeater

Will Chamberlain

Before I start let me clarify that an XmlDataSource will not work for
what I am doing.

I am attempting to recreate a .NET version of binding Xml Data Islands
to HTML Tables in IE 5.x+. You could easily use an Xml File as DSO and
bind to an HTML table, easy.

The reason an XmlDataSource doesn't work is because the Xml file isn't
downloaded to the client. For my program to work, I need that since I am
doing drag and drop and appending childNodes to parentNodes, etc...

That's where the XmlControl comes in. I can specify which file will be
displayed as the data file on the server and then a copy of that Xml
will be on the client as well. This comes in handy when doing look-ups,
re-ordering, etc... of the child and parent nodes.

My question is this: Is it possible to bind a repeater to an asp:Xml
control? If so how? If not what are my options besides using the
XmlDataSource?

Thanks,

- will