is it possible to find out the caller of a method programmatically

Keith Thompson

August Derleth said:
11:58p: [...]
Perhaps in your mind. In C, functions are defined by ANSI/ISO/IEC
9899, and before that by K&R.

And in the rest of the programming and mathematical world, they are
defined by Alonzo Church. I think that takes precedent over any flavor-of-
the-month standard.

According to www.m-w.com, the English word "function" dates back to
1533, some time before Alonzo Church showed up. (I'm not claiming
that www.m-w.com is the ultimate authority, but it's probably close to
correct on this point.)

There are a number of programming languages that use the term
"function" in ways that are inconsistent with the strict mathematical
sense in which Alonzo Church used the term.

Look at it this way. The word "function" is a common English word.
Alonzo Church, quite reasonably, chose to invent a narrow technical
definition for it. The designers of the C programming language,
building on precedents from earlier programming languages, chose to
invent a different narrow technical definition for the same word, also
quite reasonably.

Since this newsgroup discusses the C programming language, I suggest
you learn to cope with this if you want to hang out here.