    application would be appreciated or If anybody could tell me anything about
    a link where I can look for the minimum bandwidth required for aspnet
    applications etc. or sort of benchmarks for the same.

    Tanveer H. Malik, Jul 30, 2006

  2. Tanveer H. Malik

    Ray Booysen Guest

    Hi Tanveer

    Thats hard to answer. It all depends on what the exact requirements
    are. By the looks of it, it is a simple application, but it all depends
    on the number of users. 16kbps is incredibly slow so you're going to
    see slow connections to the site.

    The best advice I can give you is try and reduce the amount of data that
    has to be transferred. Turn off viewstate on as many controls as you can.

    Regards
    Ray

    Ray Booysen, Jul 30, 2006

  3. The intended no. of concurrent users for the servers are estimated to be
    about 200. What should be my priorities while designing the database for
    this solution, I mean how can optimize the database design for this purpose?

    Tanveer Malik, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Tanveer H. Malik

    Ray Booysen Guest

    Ok, then I think its impossible.. 200 concurrent users over one single
    16Kb/s line?

    Ray Booysen, Jul 31, 2006
  5. One single location will have upto three simultaneous users at most. This
    16kbps is for each location [client side].On server side the bandwidth is
    not a problem.

    Tanveer Malik, Jul 31, 2006