    gavino Guest

    I hear people bitch about perl but others say its most productive
    language.

    gavino, Jul 26, 2006

  2. gavino

    Guest

    "gavino" <> wrote:

    Please put your question in your message as well as in the subject line.

    ] is perl a mess as it scales,

    Scales in what dimension? Code gets bigger? Data structures get bigger?
    Programs run for longer times without restarting? number of threads
    increases?

    ] and is it really hard to debug?

    If you write spaghetti code, it will be hard to debug. In any language.

    > I hear people bitch about perl but others say its most productive
    > language.

    For some people it is the most productive. Other people need the B&D of
    something like Java to keep them from shooting themselves in the foot.

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    , Jul 26, 2006

  3. gavino <> wrote:

    > I hear people bitch about perl but others say its most productive
    > language.

    Some of these people are correct, some of those people are wrong,
    but most people bitch while using Perl productively!

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Jul 26, 2006