Is that possible to add some server script to DataGrid?

Guest

hi, all
I just got a question here when I am using the datagrid, my code like this:
<asp:DataGrid id="DataGridBanner" runat="server" style=....>
<Columns>
<% if(m_adUser.IsWebMaster()) { %>
<asp:EditCommandColumn Visible='<%# m_adUser.IsWebMaster()%>'
ButtonType="PushButton" UpdateText="Update" CancelText="Cancel"
EditText="Edit"></asp:EditCommandColumn>
<% } %>
because I only want to show the edit button to web master.
But when I run it, it shows up an error and says, " Code blocks are not
supported in this context", So, can i do this in this page, or I must write
another similar page especially for web master?

Thanks

Eliyahu Goldin

You don't need any ifs. You need just to databinding Visible property, that
is what you are already trying to do.

<Columns>
<asp:EditCommandColumn Visible='<%# IsWebMaster %>'
ButtonType="PushButton" UpdateText="Update" CancelText="Cancel"
EditText="Edit"></asp:EditCommandColumn>

IsWebMaster should be a protected or public property of your page class. It
should return true if the user is the web master.

Eliyahu

Brock Allen

You can also handle the DataGrid's ItemDataBound event. The e.Item passed
as a parameter is the row that was just populated. You can then manipulate
the controls in that row.

Guest

thanks,
I found some fields, it works. But for gernal gound column, like this:
<asp:BoundColumn Visible='<%# IsWebMaster %>' DataField="CreatorID"
HeaderText="CreatorID"></asp:BoundColumn>
it says:
CS0117: 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.BoundColumn' does not contain a
definition for 'DataBinding'
I think this is reasonale. So probably I have to convert it to template and
do it like others columns. Or move all of this logic to the data bind event
routine.

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

So try changing it to Templates
and use DataGrid's ItemDataBound event by manipulating the e.item.
That could save your time.
Patrick