is there a bash script to perl converter?

ToddAndMargo

Hi All,

Is there a such thing as a bash script to perl converter?

Many thanks,
-T

Tad McClellan

Tintin said:
Yes. It's called a programmer.

....because shell scripts don't really do much themselves, most of their
"heavy lifting" is done by calling other programs.

So to make a shell script converter, you would need all of those
other programs in Perl as well.

Richard

Tad said:
...because shell scripts don't really do much themselves, most of their
"heavy lifting" is done by calling other programs.

So to make a shell script converter, you would need all of those
other programs in Perl as well.
Tad, he just grabbed your email to spam you, didn't you notice, that
this question was autogenerated, just like one before with the
decompiler question.

This is very edffective technique, you send general question to dozens
of mailingslists and you get lots of replies and bingo lots of valid
emailadresses.

Tad McClellan

Richard said:
Tad, he just grabbed your email to spam you, didn't you notice, that
this question was autogenerated,

What did you observe that led you to conclude that it was autogenerated?

just like one before with the
decompiler question.

Message-ID please, else I dunno what you're referring to.

This is very edffective technique, you send general question to dozens
of mailingslists and you get lots of replies and bingo lots of valid
emailadresses.

Spammers don't generally follow the threads that they start. This
poster has replied to many threads here in the past.

I think you have a mistaken identity thing going here...

[ In fact, _you_ look more like a spammer than the OP does, by
virtue of masquerading as someone else's domain.
(unless you really do have something to do with fake plants)
It is an abuse to use a domain that you don't have rights to,
please don't abuse folks like that.
]

Richard

Tad said:
Richard said:
[...]

At least I don't attach personal ads to each of my messages, right taddy?

" Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(e-mail address removed) Perl programming
Fort Worth, Texas"

Tad McClellan

Richard said:
Tad McClellan schrieb:
[ In fact, _you_ look more like a spammer than the OP does, by
virtue of masquerading as someone else's domain.
(unless you really do have something to do with fake plants)
It is an abuse to use a domain that you don't have rights to,
please don't abuse folks like that.
]
At least I don't attach personal ads to each of my messages, right taddy?

At least I don't drive spam to other people's inbox, right Dicky?

ToddAndMargo

...because shell scripts don't really do much themselves, most of their
"heavy lifting" is done by calling other programs.

So to make a shell script converter, you would need all of those
other programs in Perl as well.

Rats. But, it makes complete sense. You'd have to have sed, awk,
grep, sort, and all those other assorted goodies.

Many thanks,
-T