    Many thanks,
    -T
    , Nov 18, 2006

  2. Tintin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Is there a such thing as a bash script to perl converter?

    Yes. It's called a programmer.

    Tintin, Nov 18, 2006

  3. Tintin <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Is there a such thing as a bash script to perl converter?

    > Yes. It's called a programmer.

    ....because shell scripts don't really do much themselves, most of their
    "heavy lifting" is done by calling other programs.

    So to make a shell script converter, you would need all of those
    other programs in Perl as well.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Nov 18, 2006
  4. Richard Guest

    Warning Re: is there a bash script to perl converter?

    Tad McClellan schrieb:
    > Tintin <> wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> Is there a such thing as a bash script to perl converter?

    >> Yes. It's called a programmer.

    > ...because shell scripts don't really do much themselves, most of their
    > "heavy lifting" is done by calling other programs.
    >
    > So to make a shell script converter, you would need all of those
    > other programs in Perl as well.

    Tad, he just grabbed your email to spam you, didn't you notice, that
    this question was autogenerated, just like one before with the
    decompiler question.

    This is very edffective technique, you send general question to dozens
    of mailingslists and you get lots of replies and bingo lots of valid
    emailadresses.
    Richard, Nov 18, 2006
  5. Re: Warning Re: is there a bash script to perl converter?

    Richard <> wrote:
    > Tad McClellan schrieb:
    >> Tintin <> wrote:
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> Yes. It's called a programmer.

    >> ...because shell scripts don't really do much themselves, most of their
    >> "heavy lifting" is done by calling other programs.
    >>
    >> So to make a shell script converter, you would need all of those
    >> other programs in Perl as well.
    >>

    > Tad, he just grabbed your email to spam you, didn't you notice, that
    > this question was autogenerated,

    What did you observe that led you to conclude that it was autogenerated?

    > just like one before with the
    > decompiler question.

    Message-ID please, else I dunno what you're referring to.

    > This is very edffective technique, you send general question to dozens
    > of mailingslists and you get lots of replies and bingo lots of valid
    > emailadresses.

    Spammers don't generally follow the threads that they start. This
    poster has replied to many threads here in the past.

    I think you have a mistaken identity thing going here...

    [ In fact, _you_ look more like a spammer than the OP does, by
    virtue of masquerading as someone else's domain.
    (unless you really do have something to do with fake plants)
    It is an abuse to use a domain that you don't have rights to,
    please don't abuse folks like that.
    ]

    Tad McClellan, Nov 18, 2006
  6. Richard Guest

    Tad McClellan schrieb:
    > Richard <> wrote:
    >> Tad McClellan schrieb:

    >>> ...because shell scripts don't really do much themselves, most of their
    >>> "heavy lifting" is done by calling other programs.
    >>>
    >>> So to make a shell script converter, you would need all of those
    >>> other programs in Perl as well.
    >>>

    >> Tad, he just grabbed your email to spam you, didn't you notice, that
    >> this question was autogenerated,

    > What did you observe that led you to conclude that it was autogenerated?
    >

    >> just like one before with the
    >> decompiler question.

    > Message-ID please, else I dunno what you're referring to.
    >

    >> This is very edffective technique, you send general question to dozens
    >> of mailingslists and you get lots of replies and bingo lots of valid
    >> emailadresses.

    > Spammers don't generally follow the threads that they start. This
    > poster has replied to many threads here in the past.
    >
    > I think you have a mistaken identity thing going here...
    >

    > [ In fact, _you_ look more like a spammer than the OP does, by
    > virtue of masquerading as someone else's domain.
    > (unless you really do have something to do with fake plants)
    > It is an abuse to use a domain that you don't have rights to,
    > please don't abuse folks like that.
    > ]

    At least I don't attach personal ads to each of my messages, right taddy?

    Richard, Nov 18, 2006
  7. Re: Warning Re: is there a bash script to perl converter?

    Richard wrote:
    > At least I don't attach personal ads to each of my messages, right
    > taddy?

    [ ] You know what a signature is

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Nov 18, 2006
  8. Re: Warning Re: is there a bash script to perl converter?

    Richard <> wrote:
    > Tad McClellan schrieb:

    >> [ In fact, _you_ look more like a spammer than the OP does, by
    >> virtue of masquerading as someone else's domain.
    >> (unless you really do have something to do with fake plants)
    >> It is an abuse to use a domain that you don't have rights to,
    >> please don't abuse folks like that.
    >> ]
    >>

    > At least I don't attach personal ads to each of my messages, right taddy?

    At least I don't drive spam to other people's inbox, right Dicky?

    Tad McClellan, Nov 19, 2006

    Tintin wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > Is there a such thing as a bash script to perl converter?

    > Yes. It's called a programmer.

    :)
    , Nov 20, 2006

    Tad McClellan wrote:
    > ><> wrote in message
    > >> Hi All,
    > >>
    > >> Is there a such thing as a bash script to perl converter?

    > ...because shell scripts don't really do much themselves, most of their
    > "heavy lifting" is done by calling other programs.
    >
    > So to make a shell script converter, you would need all of those
    > other programs in Perl as well.

    Rats. But, it makes complete sense. You'd have to have sed, awk,
    grep, sort, and all those other assorted goodies.

    Many thanks,
    -T
    , Nov 20, 2006