    Cheers,

    Jim
    www.gomba.ca

    Random Task, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Re: Is there a Perl Module The Does GCC like precompile on C++ files ?

    Random Task <> wrote:

    > Is there a Perl Module The Does GCC like precompile on C++ files ?

    If you mean a preprocessor, then see the -P switch in

    perldoc perlrun

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Random Task

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Tad McClellan <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Random Task <> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a Perl Module The Does GCC like precompile on C++ files ?

    > If you mean a preprocessor, then see the -P switch in
    >
    > perldoc perlrun

    You have occasionally pointed out that you are not clairvoyant. You
    just proved the opposite!

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Oct 7, 2005
  4. Re: Is there a Perl Module The Does GCC like precompile on C++ files ?

    Anno Siegel <-berlin.de> wrote:
    > Tad McClellan <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    >> Random Task <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Is there a Perl Module The Does GCC like precompile on C++ files ?

    >> If you mean a preprocessor, then see the -P switch in
    >>
    >> perldoc perlrun

    > You have occasionally pointed out that you are not clairvoyant. You
    > just proved the opposite!

    I knew you were going to say that!

    Tad McClellan, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Random Task

    Random Task Guest

    I think maybe i should be more clear ... I would like to preprocess IDL
    files with a perl script ... not preprocess perl :)

    Jim
    www.gomba.ca

    Random Task, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Re: Is there a Perl Module The Does GCC like precompile on C++ files ?

    Random Task <> wrote in news:N%u1f.8593$2F2.1045973
    @news20.bellglobal.com:

    > I think maybe i should be more clear ...

    Oh, yes you should. You should also read the posting guidelines to learn
    how to adopt an effective posting style: One which makes it easy for
    others to help you.

    > I would like to preprocess IDL
    > files with a perl script ... not preprocess perl :)

    What do you mean by 'preprocess'?

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 7, 2005
  7. Random Task

    Random Task Guest

    A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    > Random Task <> wrote in news:N%u1f.8593$2F2.1045973
    > @news20.bellglobal.com:
    >

    >>I think maybe i should be more clear ...

    > Oh, yes you should. You should also read the posting guidelines to learn
    > how to adopt an effective posting style: One which makes it easy for
    > others to help you.
    >

    >>I would like to preprocess IDL
    >>files with a perl script ... not preprocess perl :)

    > What do you mean by 'preprocess'?

    I want to take an IDL file and preprocess it ... like someone would do
    with a C file
    (http://www.lns.cornell.edu/public/COMP/info/egcs/cpp/cpp_toc.html). I
    want to catch the output of the preprocess and store it in a tmp file.
    That tmp file will be used by another process.

    The trick is ... I only have access to Perl ... so I can't use gcc. So I
    was hoping I would not have to implement this myself.

    > Sinan

    Your answers will be (and are) very much appreciated :)

    Cheers,
    Jim
    www.gomba.ca

    Random Task, Oct 7, 2005
  8. Re: Is there a Perl Module The Does GCC like precompile on C++ files ?

    Random Task <> wrote in news::

    > A. Sinan Unur wrote:

    >>>I would like to preprocess IDL
    >>>files with a perl script ... not preprocess perl :)

    >> What do you mean by 'preprocess'?

    > I want to take an IDL file and preprocess it ... like someone would do
    > with a C file

    > The trick is ... I only have access to Perl ... so I can't use gcc. So
    > I was hoping I would not have to implement this myself.

    > Your answers will be (and are) very much appreciated :)

    What did you find when you searched CPAN?

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=cpp&mode=all

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 7, 2005
  9. Random Task

    Random Task Guest

    A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    > Random Task <> wrote in news::

    >>>What do you mean by 'preprocess'?

    >>I want to take an IDL file and preprocess it ... like someone would do
    >>with a C file

    >>The trick is ... I only have access to Perl ... so I can't use gcc. So
    >>I was hoping I would not have to implement this myself.

    >>Your answers will be (and are) very much appreciated :)

    > What did you find when you searched CPAN?
    >
    > http://search.cpan.org/search?query=cpp&mode=all

    I found this:

    http://search.cpan.org/~ram/Pod-PP-0.1.2/PP.pm

    It looks reasonably close to what I need.

    However it looks like a beta and that it is no longer being maintained.

    Jim

    Random Task, Oct 7, 2005
  10. Re: Is there a Perl Module The Does GCC like precompile on C++ files ?

    Random Task <> wrote in

    > A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    >> Random Task <> wrote in news::
    >>
    >>>I want to take an IDL file and preprocess it ... like someone would
    >>>do with a C file

    >>>The trick is ... I only have access to Perl ... so I can't use gcc.
    >>>So I was hoping I would not have to implement this myself.

    >> What did you find when you searched CPAN?
    >>
    >> http://search.cpan.org/search?query=cpp&mode=all
    >>

    > I found this:
    >
    > http://search.cpan.org/~ram/Pod-PP-0.1.2/PP.pm

    So, you skipped the first match?

    > It looks reasonably close to what I need.
    >
    > However it looks like a beta and that it is no longer being
    > maintained.

    http://search.cpan.org/~shevek/Text-CPP-0.12/CPP.pm

    DESCRIPTION ^

    A fast C preprocessor in XS. This does not require an external C
    preprocessor, and will not fork() or exec() any external process.

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 7, 2005
  11. Random Task

    Random Task Guest

    A. Sinan Unur wrote:
    > Random Task <> wrote in
    >

    >>A. Sinan Unur wrote:

    >>>What did you find when you searched CPAN?
    >>>
    >>>http://search.cpan.org/search?query=cpp&mode=all
    >>>

    >>I found this:
    >>
    >>http://search.cpan.org/~ram/Pod-PP-0.1.2/PP.pm

    > So, you skipped the first match?

    Indeed it looks like I did ... I'll give this a shot! Ooops ...

    >>It looks reasonably close to what I need.
    >>
    >>However it looks like a beta and that it is no longer being
    >>maintained.

    > http://search.cpan.org/~shevek/Text-CPP-0.12/CPP.pm
    >
    > DESCRIPTION ^
    >
    > A fast C preprocessor in XS. This does not require an external C
    > preprocessor, and will not fork() or exec() any external process.
    >
    > Sinan

    Only down side is that it still looks like a beta ... but i'll try it
    anyways ...

    Thanks,

    Jim

    Random Task, Oct 7, 2005