Is there a Photoshop-like image handling library?

Sam Kong

Hi,

My co-worker is trying to improve his application(in VB) which takes
x-ray images.
He needs to add a function to sharpen the images.
He's trying different techniques but haven't found a good one yet.

I want to try it in Ruby to help him and to learn.
The functions I need are 'finding edges in B&W images' and 'sharpening'.
Also, the research will be 'trial and error' procedure and I need to
access/modify each pixel easily.

Is there a ruby library for those?

TIA.

Sam

Clifford Heath

Sam said:
The functions I need are 'finding edges in B&W images' and 'sharpening'.
Also, the research will be 'trial and error' procedure and I need to
access/modify each pixel easily.
Is there a ruby library for those?

RMagick.