Is there a simple soap library for python?

Paul McGuire

Or maybe Jython + apache axis is a way to go for you, if it's about
quickly writing tests/prototypes against a working service.
The best utility I've found for quickly writing tests against an
existing service is soapUI. Very easy to write regression tests and
stress tests, with easy playback. It interrogates the target service
and then gives you pulldowns of the service's operations to select
from in creating the tests. Uses Groovy (sort of a Java without the
classes) as its scripting language, though.

-- Paul

JBW

<link to Pete Lacey's SOAP critique snipped>

There is no such thing as a "simple soap library". Neither for Python,
nor for any other language.

Thanks for the link. I had it bookmarked, but last time I tried it, it
was dead. To me, it pretty accurately describes the current state of
affairs. SOAP has the stench of Microsoft all over it.

That said, I had modest success on the client side with SUDS:

https://fedorahosted.org/suds/

Responsive developer added "SOAP with attachments" capability soon after
I complained it was missing.

JBW