Is there any way/where to subscribe for automated PEP status emails?

Bengt Richter

I find that threads sometimes mention PEPs that I wasn't aware of,
or that an interesting one has been updated without my noticing.

I should perhaps check the PEP site more regularly, but ISTM it shouldn't
be that hard to implement an automated notification of PEP status changes
by email. A cron job could just monitor the PEP source directory and
watch for new files and last-mod changes, for starters. Maybe that would
be sufficient, without going into classifying the changes in more detail.

Subscription/unsubscription could be like an ordinary read-only mail list.
You could just bounce replies with some advice as to where to go ;-)

Googling didn't hit anything obvious for me.

Regards,
Bengt Richter

Thomas Heller

I find that threads sometimes mention PEPs that I wasn't aware of,
or that an interesting one has been updated without my noticing.

I should perhaps check the PEP site more regularly, but ISTM it shouldn't
be that hard to implement an automated notification of PEP status changes
by email. A cron job could just monitor the PEP source directory and
watch for new files and last-mod changes, for starters. Maybe that would
be sufficient, without going into classifying the changes in more detail.

Subscription/unsubscription could be like an ordinary read-only mail list.
You could just bounce replies with some advice as to where to go ;-)

You could probably subscribe to python-checkins, and filter it.
Or read it via gmane.

Thomas

Nick Coghlan

Thomas said:
You could probably subscribe to python-checkins, and filter it.
Or read it via gmane.

Hmm - can SF be used to setup a mailing list just for checkins to a single
directory in the source tree?

If so, that would seem to be an easy way to provide a python-pep-updates mailing
list.

Cheers,
Nick.

Thomas Heller

Nick Coghlan said:
Hmm - can SF be used to setup a mailing list just for checkins to a
single directory in the source tree?

Yes. You should suggest this on python-dev.