Is this <!ELEMENT ....> declaration valid?

mahesh.kanakaraj

Hi folks,

I just have a doubt on whether the below DTD declaration for an element
is valid or not.

<!ELEMENT e_name ( ( stu * | ( vw , x ) + ) + ) >
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9

## I have just used ' ^ ' to point to positions in the declaration,
and the numbers below provide the provisions.

Richard Tobin

I just have a doubt on whether the below DTD declaration for an element
is valid or not.

<!ELEMENT e_name ( ( stu * | ( vw , x ) + ) + ) >

Spaces aren't allowed between a content particle and the '?', '+', or '*'
following it.

This is legal:

## I have just used ' ^ ' to point to positions in the declaration,
and the numbers below provide the provisions.

Unfortunately you seem to have used a proportional font when typing it
in, so they didn't point to anything useful on my screen.

-- Richard