Is this how tie should work?

Tuc

Hi,

I'm trying to use NDBM_File/Fcntl, and I gain access to it as :

tie (%fcheckdb,'NDBM_File',$ccheckdb,O_RDWR|O_CREAT,0777) ||die $!;

and I set it with :

$fcheckdb{$thandle}="TUC";

and when my program exits normally, I untie with :

untie %fcheckdb;

The problem I'm having is twofold.

1) While the program is running, if I dump the database via another
program it will not show my any new entries from the invocation.

2) If the program crashes or I CTRL-C it, the data that was inserted
doesn't get saved at all.

Is this how it is supposed to be?

Thanks, Tuc

Brian McCauley

I'm trying to use NDBM_File/Fcntl, and I gain access to it as :
1) While the program is running, if I dump the database via another
program it will not show my any new entries from the invocation.

2) If the program crashes or I CTRL-C it, the data that was inserted
doesn't get saved at all.

Is this how it is supposed to be?

I think so, but this is a question about NDBM not Perl.