is this possible?

sam

i am running a web server, ftp server, and a web cam server on my home
computer. I am also behind a router and am being assigned a dynamic ip
address by sbc. I am going out of town for a few weeks, and want to be
able to get into all these various things, but i need to know what the
ip address is of my home machine. Now because this number may change and
i was wondering if there was a way for my home machine to check its ip
address and post it to an outside web server that i could check and get
the new number?

sloe?

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Yes, take a look at dyndns.org, for example. I believe it installs software
on your computer that monitors for ipconfig changes and notifies their
servers when your external interface changes.