Is this possible?

greg.kujawa

I know this question might be a bit OT since it doesn't currently
involve ASP
code but I figured someone might know. I have an Index Server 2.0 that
I refernce when searching for files through IDQ/HTX pages. Ancient
stuff I admit.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to create either an URL that
would pass along the query parameters so that a web page could be
returned with the search results. Something like:

http://myindexserver/query.asp?thisParameter=thatValue&ciCatalog=thatCatalog

And in turn the Index Server would reply with the hits. If this is
possible could someone please list a basic example? Googling around all

I found were self-contained ASP and IDQ/HTX examples where forms had to

be filled out. I want to pass along the variable values in the form of
URL parameters, NOT use a form for passing them along.

Steven Burn

Using the "form" examples you found, change (if present)
"Request.Form("[param]")" to "Request.Querystring("[param]")"

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group