Is this table CSS okay?!

frederick

PHP said:

Please validate your HTML before requesting advice:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://softgroups.com/register.php>

Please validate your CSS before requesting advice:
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...ning=2&uri=http://softgroups.com/register.php>

And for the trifecta, I'd strongly urge you to check your spelling!
or I better remove those yellow dots?!

What yellow dots? [Firefox 1.5.0.1]
by the way , how I can change
that yellow color into a blakc one?!

The only yellow that I can see is the background colour of "Register",
which you've explicitly defined in your class "fbuton".

Why are you using table layout instead of divs?

Oh, and the words "soft" and "groups" aren't sitting on the same
baseline in your logo.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

PHP said:
Is this table CSS okay?!

www.softgroups.com/register.php

or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
that yellow color into a blakc one?!

No yellow dots here either. Firefox, Opera, or IE.

Please! Remove the border-style: dotted from your CSS.
.ftd {
border-style: dotted;
(Fortunately, that doesn't work in Opera)

Plus all the usual comments about fixed font sizing, use of Verdana,
etc. Don't do it.

Spelling. "Unfornetly" ... "hundrets" ...

" ** If you check this box, your website will be made public, ... "
Two asterisks? That refers to nothing on the page.

You might as well not bother to have "terms&conditions". <lol>
http://softgroups.com/terms.php

Nije Nego

Is this table CSS okay?!

www.softgroups.com/register.php

or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
that yellow color into a blakc one?!
It is not OK.
Check validator, you have 30 errors.

What yellow dots?

You need a doctype.

This code
marginheight="0">
should be managed by css.

This code
should be managed by css.

This code
needs a closing tag, but would been apropriate with <h2> and <p>

Jonathan N. Little

PHP said:
Is this table CSS okay?!

www.softgroups.com/register.php

or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
that yellow color into a blakc one?!
To answer what I think your are asking, the table for your input form is
okay. Everything else is incorrect, that's an example of 'table layout'
and should be avoided. BTW your markup is a mish-mash of presentational
and deprecated markup, time to review what is current, expecial when one
is in the business, right?

Martin Jay

To answer what I think your are asking, the table for your input form
is okay.

What are peoples' thoughts about using tables for this sort of form
input? It looks good, degrades nicely, and I've never seen a better
alternative.

Jonathan N. Little

Martin said:
What are peoples' thoughts about using tables for this sort of form
input? It looks good, degrades nicely, and I've never seen a better
alternative.

Well depending on that you are trying to accomplish I have styled LABEL
and INPUT as block with a slight left margin on INPUT creates a rather
attractive:

label for a:
[input a]

label for b:
[input b]

Alternatively, grouping related controls with labels in DIVs which I
float left so if the viewport is wide enough the grouping stack
horizontally, but flexible so when viewport is narrowed the groups
stack vertically. This can be a very efficient approach.

Jim Moe

Neredbojias said:
Very interesting! They're (kinda) yellow in IE but blue in Firefox. How
did you do that?
There is no border color specified. So it is left to the browser's
imagination about what to apply. IE is very creative.

Jim Moe

PHP said:
Is this table CSS okay?!
No?! The coding is quite atrocious?!
or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
that yellow color into a blakc one?!
Personally I think it is rather ugly?! The border is a distraction
instead of a delimiter?!
Use the "border-color" property to set the border color?!

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, Jim Moe
There is no border color specified. So it is left to the browser's
imagination about what to apply. IE is very creative.

Ah, I see. Should've looked at the css.

frederick

PHP said:

Getting rid of the dotted borders is certainly an improvement.
However, just about all previous criticisms have yet to be addressed,
and for good measure I'll add some more for you:

1. Don't sweep text against the viewport edge! You need some margins
or padding built in for the text along the left...

2. You have quite a nice-looking menu system along the top of the
page, but there's no indication of where this particular page fits in.
How about some breadcrumbs, and/or differentiating the relevant menu
"button"?

3. Not surprisingly, your page doesn't get a particularly good report
from online accessibility tools. That'll impress your prospective
clients...
more cool table?!
No thanks, I'm about to have lunch.