    www.softgroups.com/register.php

    or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
    that yellow color into a blakc one?!
    PHP SoftGroups, Apr 16, 2006

  2. PHP SoftGroups

    Guest

    PHP SoftGroups wrote:
    > Is this table CSS okay?!
    >
    > www.softgroups.com/register.php

    Please validate your HTML before requesting advice:
    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsoftgroups.com%2Fregister.php>

    Please validate your CSS before requesting advice:
    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsoftgroups.com%2Fregister.php>

    And for the trifecta, I'd strongly urge you to check your spelling!

    > or I better remove those yellow dots?!

    What yellow dots? [Firefox 1.5.0.1]

    > by the way , how I can change
    > that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    The only yellow that I can see is the background colour of "Register",
    which you've explicitly defined in your class "fbuton".

    Why are you using table layout instead of divs?

    Oh, and the words "soft" and "groups" aren't sitting on the same
    baseline in your logo.

    --
    AGw.
    , Apr 16, 2006

  3. PHP SoftGroups wrote:

    > Is this table CSS okay?!
    >
    > www.softgroups.com/register.php
    >
    > or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
    > that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    No yellow dots here either. Firefox, Opera, or IE.

    Please! Remove the border-style: dotted from your CSS.
    .ftd {
    border-style: dotted;
    (Fortunately, that doesn't work in Opera)

    Plus all the usual comments about fixed font sizing, use of Verdana,
    etc. Don't do it.

    Spelling. "Unfornetly" ... "hundrets" ...

    " ** If you check this box, your website will be made public, ... "
    Two asterisks? That refers to nothing on the page.

    You might as well not bother to have "terms&conditions". <lol>
    http://softgroups.com/terms.php

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 16, 2006
  4. PHP SoftGroups

    Nije Nego Guest

    On 16 Apr 2006 07:04:35 -0700, PHP SoftGroups wrote:

    > Is this table CSS okay?!
    >
    > www.softgroups.com/register.php
    >

    > or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
    > that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    It is not OK.
    Check validator, you have 30 errors.

    What yellow dots?

    You need a doctype.

    This code
    marginheight="0">
    should be managed by css.

    This code
    should be managed by css.

    This code
    needs a closing tag, but would been apropriate with <h2> and <p>

    --
    o'tom po'tom
    Nije Nego, Apr 16, 2006
  5. PHP SoftGroups

    Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > You might as well not bother to have "terms&conditions". <lol>
    > http://softgroups.com/terms.php

    Brilliant!! I'd like to see someone try to rely on that in a European
    court...

    --
    AGw.
    , Apr 16, 2006
  6. PHP SoftGroups wrote:
    > Is this table CSS okay?!
    >
    > www.softgroups.com/register.php
    >

    > or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
    > that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    To answer what I think your are asking, the table for your input form is
    okay. Everything else is incorrect, that's an example of 'table layout'
    and should be avoided. BTW your markup is a mish-mash of presentational
    and deprecated markup, time to review what is current, expecial when one
    is in the business, right?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 16, 2006
  7. PHP SoftGroups

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <4442665e$0$3701$>, Jonathan N.
    Little <> writes
    >PHP SoftGroups wrote:
    >> Is this table CSS okay?!
    >> www.softgroups.com/register.php
    >> or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can
    >>change
    >> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    >To answer what I think your are asking, the table for your input form
    >is okay.

    What are peoples' thoughts about using tables for this sort of form
    input? It looks good, degrades nicely, and I've never seen a better
    alternative.
    --
    Martin Jay
    Martin Jay, Apr 16, 2006
  8. PHP SoftGroups

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "PHP SoftGroups" <>
    vouchsafed:

    > Is this table CSS okay?!
    >
    > www.softgroups.com/register.php
    >

    > or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
    > that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    Very interesting! They're (kinda) yellow in IE but blue in Firefox. How
    did you do that?

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 16, 2006
  9. Martin Jay wrote:
    > In message <4442665e$0$3701$>, Jonathan N.
    > Little <> writes
    >> To answer what I think your are asking, the table for your input form
    >> is okay.

    > What are peoples' thoughts about using tables for this sort of form
    > input? It looks good, degrades nicely, and I've never seen a better
    > alternative.

    Well depending on that you are trying to accomplish I have styled LABEL
    and INPUT as block with a slight left margin on INPUT creates a rather
    attractive:

    label for a:
    [input a]

    label for b:
    [input b]

    Alternatively, grouping related controls with labels in DIVs which I
    float left so if the viewport is wide enough the grouping stack
    horizontally, but flexible so when viewport is narrowed the groups
    stack vertically. This can be a very efficient approach.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 17, 2006
  10. I would really like to known !

    PHP SoftGroups, Apr 17, 2006
  11. PHP SoftGroups

    Jim Moe Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:

    >> Is this table CSS okay?!
    >>
    >> or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
    >> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    > Very interesting! They're (kinda) yellow in IE but blue in Firefox. How
    > did you do that?

    There is no border color specified. So it is left to the browser's
    imagination about what to apply. IE is very creative.

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Apr 17, 2006
  12. PHP SoftGroups, Apr 17, 2006
  13. PHP SoftGroups

    Jim Moe Guest

    PHP SoftGroups wrote:
    > Is this table CSS okay?!

    No?! The coding is quite atrocious?!

    > or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can change
    > that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    Personally I think it is rather ugly?! The border is a distraction
    instead of a delimiter?!
    Use the "border-color" property to set the border color?!

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Apr 17, 2006
  14. PHP SoftGroups

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Jim Moe
    <> vouchsafed:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is this table CSS okay?!
    >>>
    >>> or I better remove those yellow dots?! by the way , how I can
    >>> change
    >>> that yellow color into a blakc one?!

    >> Very interesting! They're (kinda) yellow in IE but blue in Firefox.
    >> How did you do that?
    >>

    > There is no border color specified. So it is left to the browser's
    > imagination about what to apply. IE is very creative.

    Ah, I see. Should've looked at the css.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 17, 2006
  15. PHP SoftGroups

    Guest

    PHP SoftGroups wrote:
    > I did an update, check it out http://softgroups.com/register.php

    Getting rid of the dotted borders is certainly an improvement.
    However, just about all previous criticisms have yet to be addressed,
    and for good measure I'll add some more for you:

    1. Don't sweep text against the viewport edge! You need some margins
    or padding built in for the text along the left...

    2. You have quite a nice-looking menu system along the top of the
    page, but there's no indication of where this particular page fits in.
    How about some breadcrumbs, and/or differentiating the relevant menu
    "button"?

    3. Not surprisingly, your page doesn't get a particularly good report
    from online accessibility tools. That'll impress your prospective
    clients...

    > more cool table?!

    No thanks, I'm about to have lunch.

    --
    AGw.
    , Apr 17, 2006
  16. Can you please tell me what tool did you used?!
    -----
    PHP Guy -> http://softgroups.com <----------- is it more okay now?!
    PHP SoftGroups, Apr 17, 2006