isInRole

arjun

Hi All,

I am developing a A webpage to be seen in a page viewer
webpart(Sharepoint 2003).The page is supposed to check for the current
user name and then check the user membership in some local group
membership.But here I am failing .The isinRole call on the Principal
object is returning true
for buitin groups and some local groups but not ALL.
I read in one of the previous threads that this was a bug in Framework
1 in which all groups are not retrieved.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q321562

SP3 takes care of it.
However I have Framework 1.1 ...So the patches are not working...
Can anyone tell me if this bug is fixed in v1.1?
The code I am using is here is something like this
HttpContext.Current.User.IsInRole("<machinename>\<group name>")
I have tried all combo of group names even the case sensitive ones....

Please do point out if something is amiss?
My box is in an active directory domain.The configuration of my box is
:Windows Server 2003,.net Framework v1.1,Windows SharePoint Services
2.0,SharePoint Portal Server 2003

Thanks in Advance,
Arjun