    many thanks in advance

    cheers

    martin.
    martin, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Hi Martin,

    You can use IsNumeric in VB.NET just fine. Don't worry about importing the
    VB libraries. I read that some routines are optimized for VB so workarounds
    could be slower.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vblr7/html/vafctisnumeric.asp

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 19, 2004

  3. martin

    martin Guest

    It's great to know that is numeric works,

    however, do you know if there is a dotnet method that has replace it,

    for example TRIM() had been replaced with string.trim..

    I'm just curious, thats all.

    cheers

    martin.

    martin, Jul 19, 2004
  4. > It's great to know that is numeric works,

    > however, do you know if there is a dotnet method that has replace it,

    Yes, the .Net method that replaced it is IsNumeric(). To be more precise,
    the static .Net method that replaced it is
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.Information.IsNumeric().

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    /