iso creation for python backup script

Ryan Krauss

I would like to write a python script to backup my wife's important
stuff to a CD or DVD. She is running windows. Is there an easy way
to create as iso image file using python or some other way to use
python to create (and burn?) a cd? I am open to other free cd backup
tools that work in windows if there are any suggestions, but I want a
lot of flexibility about what goes into the backup (which is why I
would prefer to do it in python and have full control).

Thanks,

Ryan

Yu-Xi Lim

Ryan said:
I would like to write a python script to backup my wife's important
stuff to a CD or DVD. She is running windows. Is there an easy way
to create as iso image file using python or some other way to use
python to create (and burn?) a cd? I am open to other free cd backup
tools that work in windows if there are any suggestions, but I want a
lot of flexibility about what goes into the backup (which is why I
would prefer to do it in python and have full control).

mkisofs is commonly used by open source projects. It's originally for
*nix but has been ported to Windows using Cygwin. Works from the command
line and accepts a variety of options. Should be easy to script it from
Python.

It's sibling program, cdrecord, has also been ported. I hadn't actually
had a chance to use this particular port, so YMMV.