ItemDataBound fires for header only

bkasmai

This is driving me crazy. I need to hide rows that a particular cell is
zero. On debuggng I fiound out that ItemDataBound fires for header only
and not for Item and AlternatingItem
private void grdSelectionList_ItemDataBound(object sender,
if (e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType ==
ListItemType.AlternatingItem )
{
if (e.Item.Cells[2].Text == "0")
{
e.Item.Visible = false;

Any help on this will be appreciated.

bkasmai

I have. All items are listed and all rows are displayed ok. I have
checked the data type. e.Item.ItemType.ToString() returns 'header'.
BK
Eliyahu said:
First make sure you have any data items to bind to. Then set a breakpoint on
your type checking statement and check the value of e.Item.ItemType.
--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

This is driving me crazy. I need to hide rows that a particular cell is
zero. On debuggng I fiound out that ItemDataBound fires for header only
and not for Item and AlternatingItem
private void grdSelectionList_ItemDataBound(object sender,
if (e.Item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType ==
ListItemType.AlternatingItem )
{
if (e.Item.Cells[2].Text == "0")
{
e.Item.Visible = false;

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Eliyahu Goldin

First make sure you have any data items to bind to. Then set a breakpoint on
your type checking statement and check the value of e.Item.ItemType.

bkasmai

Correct! It is get called only once with the itemtype Header and no any
other call for data rows.

Eliyahu said:
You mean the event handler gets called first with the itemtype Header and
then doesn't get called for the data items?
--

Eliyahu said:
[...]

I now know the cause of the problem but not the solution. The column 2
is a TemplateColumn populated with data but e.Item.Cells[2].Text
returns empty string. All other cells which are databond return correct
values. This seems to be a fundamental misunderstandig on my behalf.
Any idea how can I solve this?

Eliyahu said:
Do you handle any other events that can effect data items? Like ItemCreated?
--

Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
[...]

Found the solution! For TemplateColumn the FindControl must be used:

Label lbl = (Label)e.Item.Cells[2].FindControl("label_ID");
if (lbl.Text == "0")
{
e.Item.Visible = false;
}