Itemplate not accepting postback in data-bound templated control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by cosine... zero, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. Hi!

    I've got a databound templated control that I want the itemplate class
    itself to be postback aware to process form data.

    But calling Page.RegisterRequiresPostBack( instantiatedtemplate ) doesn't
    seem to force a postback. I've put this in OnInit, OnPreRender, OnLoad...
    nothing.

    Currently I'm trying this:

    'CreateChildControls
    Dim EditControl As New EditForm
    EditRecord.InstantiateIn(EditControl) 'Edit Record is the Itemplate
    property
    EditControl.DataItem = Me.DataItem
    Controls.Add(EditControl)
    Page.RegisterRequiresPostBack(EditControl)
    EditControl.DataBind()

    Still nothing. Is there any reason why an ITemplate couldn't be registered
    for postback in this manner (or in OnInit, etc)?

    Thanks!

    Jim Ankrom
    cosine... zero, Jun 9, 2004