iText for Python

santhoshvkumar

Hi all,
One of my cousin suggested me to do a IText PDF converter
for python. Actually I heard that there is no separate IText converter
either we have to go for jython or GCJ with wrapper. Instead of
wrapping, my plan is to create a separate module with Python and I am
thinking of doing this in as my final year project also. Kindly give
me your suggestion.

With anticipation,

SanthoshVKumar.

Simon Brunning

2009/7/27 santhoshvkumar said:
          One of my cousin  suggested me to do a IText PDF converter
for python. Actually I heard that there is no separate IText converter
either we have to go for jython or GCJ with wrapper. Instead of
wrapping, my plan is to create a separate module with Python and I am
thinking of doing this in as my final year project also. Kindly give
me your suggestion.

What would this give us that ReportLab does not? I wouldn't want to
see you spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel...

Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
It's a great idea !!.
It's seems that reportlab at this moment can't modify / fill forms from a PDF.
Note that probably the best way to print a PDF is create it using an advanced graphical tool to ensure great appearance and then modify and print using your own application.