J2SE 1.5.0 Installation / Command-line setting

Academic Q

Thank you All Professionals who helped and replied on this issue.
Based on your info, I think my java installation is fine, which really
relieves my pain and nerve a bit. Then I have searched materials
related to the info you provided.. concentrate on Command-line in
java.sun.com http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/attributes/cmdLineArgs.html
and pretty sure the code is good as Johan said.

I opened shell window, compiled C:> javac MyProgram.java, ran it, and
did as Roland suggested so typed in C:>java MyProgram 1 2 3 4 in
"command-line" in the shell window... woot.. it just happened! It
responds the input!! Well, although not runs as instructions required
yet, but I will try to practice and fix my code little by litte : )
I guess the way my home machine asking user input differs from the way
our school machine does. It is ok I hope.

My concern about my java installation and setting is solved. I just
need to concentrate on learning coding now. I am not so sure how this
shell window command-line style would bring users any convenience in
the real world, but I think I am getting to understand java and its
application later on in the class. hope survive in class..

THANK YOU ALL FOR HELP!!
Ching