Jakarta POI to generate MS Word documents

Discussion in 'Java' started by mlv2312@terra.com.br, Feb 16, 2005.

    I am dealing with the following problem: I need to generate some word
    reports by opening a default word template. So, I must be able to read
    the word template and REPLACE some generic fields by placing data from
    an XML file.

    I was studying Jakarta POI HWPF, but its implementation hasn't
    finished yet.

    So, I was wondering if it is possible to use POIFS to do what I am
    intending to:
    open a word template and generate a word report using POIFS. Is it
    possible?

    How could I do this?

    Tks,
    Marcelo

    , Feb 16, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am dealing with the following problem: I need to generate some word
    > reports by opening a default word template. So, I must be able to read
    > the word template and REPLACE some generic fields by placing data from
    > an XML file.
    >
    > I was studying Jakarta POI HWPF, but its implementation hasn't
    > finished yet.
    >
    > So, I was wondering if it is possible to use POIFS to do what I am
    > intending to:
    > open a word template and generate a word report using POIFS. Is it
    > possible?
    >
    > How could I do this?
    >
    > Tks,
    > Marcelo

    When I've had to do this I've used XML > HTML then open Word and have a
    macro that imports the HTML and supplies any final tweaks to the format.
    Not perfect but it works and it beats having to navigate the dire Word
    object model.

    HTH

    TechBookReport http://www.techbookreport.com

    TechBookReport, Feb 16, 2005

  3. a écrit :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am dealing with the following problem: I need to generate some word
    > reports by opening a default word template. So, I must be able to read
    > the word template and REPLACE some generic fields by placing data from
    > an XML file.
    >
    > I was studying Jakarta POI HWPF, but its implementation hasn't
    > finished yet.
    >
    > So, I was wondering if it is possible to use POIFS to do what I am
    > intending to:
    > open a word template and generate a word report using POIFS. Is it
    > possible?
    >
    > How could I do this?
    >
    > Tks,
    > Marcelo

    If you're not in complete love with POI, have a look a Jacob
    http://danadler.com/jacob/...

    --
    Good luck,
    Seb.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Auvray?=, Feb 16, 2005