Java and network interface

Cuzub

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to activate/desactivate network interface
in Java : I've got a pc with an ethernet card, a wifi card and a rtc
modem.

Getting the active interfaces is very easy
(NetworkInterface.getNetworkInterfaces()) but what I would like to do
is to detect all the available interfaces (even if they are not
active) and activate/desactivate such or such interface.

For instance, lets say i'm connected to the internet with the rtc
modem. I would like to be able to detect available airport stations,
desactivate my rtc connection and activate an airport connection.

Does anybody know if there is a way to do this in pure Java without
using native stuff as I will have to do the same thing on a mac...

Thanks for your help,
David.

Chris Smith

Cuzub said:
Does anybody know if there is a way to do this in pure Java without
using native stuff as I will have to do the same thing on a mac...

No, there isn't.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation