JAVA CODE - Assignment problem

dinesh

Can someone provide me the link to free JAVA codes for solving
assignment (optimization) problem?

thanks
dinesh n m

Chris Uppal

dinesh said:
Can someone provide me the link to free JAVA codes for solving
assignment (optimization) problem?

I think that people are reading your post and jumping to the conclusion that
you are asking for help with some sort of schoolwork assignment (also known as
homework).

I'm guessing, but I suspect that you are really looking for help/code to
implement algorithms for solving a specific class of optimisation problem,
known as "assignment problems" or possibly "assignment optimisation". If it is
something like that then it'd probably help to say so.

-- chris

Roedy Green

Can someone provide me the link to free JAVA codes for solving
assignment (optimization) problem?

Can you be more specific? optimisation covered tens of thousands of
algorithms.

dinesh

Yeah, thats the reason why i mentioned

"assignment (optimization) problem"

I am looking to solve an "assignment" problem using JAVA. I need it as
it is part of the algorithm to solve a larger optimization problem. I
think they shud be available on the web free and hence want to utilize
it instead of doing it myself.

dinesh n m

Andrew Thompson

Yeah, thats the reason why i mentioned

Mentioned what? It is good to trim, but please
leave a short part of so everyone knows you mean
Chris' suggestion.
"assignment (optimization) problem"

I am looking to solve an "assignment" problem using JAVA. I need it as
it is part of the algorithm to solve a larger optimization problem. I
think they shud be available on the web free and hence want to utilize
it instead of doing it myself.

So.. how did you go when you googled these?
<http://www.google.com/search?q="assignment+optimization"+java>

To be more clear, you could help yourself get
an answer by being more exact about what you
want to achieve, and provide more details of the
problem.

For example - Do you have a piece of code
that needs optimization? Where is it?

Scott Ellsworth

Andrew Thompson said:
Mentioned what? It is good to trim, but please
leave a short part of so everyone knows you mean
Chris' suggestion.

So.. how did you go when you googled these?
<http://www.google.com/search?q="assignment+optimization"+java>

To be more clear, you could help yourself get
an answer by being more exact about what you
want to achieve, and provide more details of the
problem.

For example - Do you have a piece of code
that needs optimization? Where is it?

The assignment problem is one of a general class of optimization
problems here you have items that you want to assign to slots, or
traffic you want to assign to network paths.

Dinesh: do the google search he recommended. The first several links
all looked like good intros to the problem and had Java code.

Scott

Roedy Green

I am looking to solve an "assignment" problem using JAVA. I need it as
it is part of the algorithm to solve a larger optimization problem. I
think they shud be available on the web free and hence want to utilize
it instead of doing it myself.

Assignment covers pretty broad territory. For example it would cover
1. creating high school timetables
2. assigning students to particular classes.
3. assigning machines on an assembly line to given work packets.
4. computer dating

I think you will have more luck if you reveal just what it is you are
assigning.