  1. Amali

    Amali Guest

    What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

    Amali, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Amali

    voorth Guest

    On Feb 16, 7:00 am, "Amali" <> wrote:
    > What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

    .... and why does this seem like a homework question?

    voorth, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Amali schrieb:
    > What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

    Why not?

    Michael Rauscher, Feb 16, 2007
  4. Amali

    Amali Guest

    On Feb 16, 3:07 pm, Michael Rauscher <> wrote:
    > Amali schrieb:> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?
    >
    > Why not?

    yes ur right we have to find these iformation any how. so i have
    searched the web, but i didn't any idea. so please tell me some web
    sites to find these answers.

    Amali, Feb 16, 2007
  5. On Feb 16, 10:59 pm, "Amali" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 16, 3:07 pm, Michael Rauscher <> wrote:
    >
    > > Amali schrieb:> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

    > > Why not?

    > yes ur right we have to find these iformation any how. so i have
    > searched the web, but i didn't any idea. so please tell me some web
    > sites to find these answers.

    Here are some good search terms
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=java+exception+tutorial>

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Feb 16, 2007
  6. Amali wrote:
    > On Feb 16, 3:07 pm, Michael Rauscher <> wrote:
    >> Amali schrieb:> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?
    >>
    >> Why not?

    > yes ur right we have to find these iformation any how. so i have
    > searched the web, but i didn't any idea. so please tell me some web
    > sites to find these answers.

    Andrew already gave you a very good point to start.

    Exceptions aren't hard to understand, really. To understand what
    exceptions are and what they are used for it might be better to ask
    *when* to use them.

    Turn on Google, now.

    Bye
    Michael

    Michael Rauscher, Feb 16, 2007
  7. Amali

    Mark Rafn Guest

    Amali <> wrote:
    >What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

    In many ways, an exception is just an alternate return type from a method
    invocation. It's declared in the method signature, like the normal return
    type, throwing it exits the current method, like the return keyword.

    There are a lot more details to it, which you should probably read in your
    textbook.
    --
    Mark Rafn <http://www.dagon.net/>

    Mark Rafn, Feb 16, 2007
  8. Amali

    Lew Guest

    Mark Rafn wrote:
    > There are a lot more details to it, which you should probably read in your
    > textbook.

    Or in any of the hits from
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+a+Java+Exception>

    GIYF.

    - Lew

    Lew, Feb 16, 2007
  9. Amali

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Mark Rafn wrote:
    > Amali <> wrote:
    >> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

    > In many ways, an exception is just an alternate return type from a method
    > invocation. It's declared in the method signature, like the normal return
    > type, throwing it exits the current method, like the return keyword.

    Would also like to add: exceptions shouldn't be used in place of the
    normal return mechanism: they are for exceptional circumstances, as they
    are costly to set up.

    lex

    Alex Hunsley, Feb 16, 2007
  10. Amali

    murari garg Guest

    On Feb 16, 11:00 am, "Amali" <> wrote:
    > What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

    hi
    exception are used in programme where the probability of making error
    is more.
    By using exception in your programme , youcan run your wrong
    programme to some extends.

    If you want to have good practice of exception than i recommand you

    do the unsolved problems of " schaum series in java programming "
    More Details : http://www.mcgraw-hill.com.sg/html/titleDetail.jsp?isbn=9780071420402.html

    murari garg, Feb 17, 2007
  11. Amali

    Guest

    , Feb 17, 2007
  12. Amali

    Amali Guest

    Amali, Feb 18, 2007
  13. On Feb 18, 5:59 pm, "Amali" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 18, 5:14 am, "" <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 16, 8:00 am, "Amali" <> wrote:

    > > > What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

    >http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/exceptions/index.html

    > Thank you for giving details information to find exception.

    That (AFAIR) was the top listed entry in
    the search I specified 2 days ago.
    Did you ignore my reply?

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Feb 18, 2007
  14. Amali

    Amali Guest

    On Feb 18, 2:20 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 18, 5:59 pm, "Amali" <> wrote:

    > ..
    > >http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/exceptions/index.html

    > > Thank you for giving details information to find exception.

    > That (AFAIR) was the top listed entry in
    > the search I specified 2 days ago.
    > Did you ignore my reply?
    >
    > Andrew T.

    I got information about exception using the link u have given.
    Thanx

    Amali, Feb 18, 2007