Java exception

Amali

Amali schrieb:> What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

Why not?

yes ur right we have to find these iformation any how. so i have
searched the web, but i didn't any idea. so please tell me some web
sites to find these answers.

Michael Rauscher

Amali said:
yes ur right we have to find these iformation any how. so i have
searched the web, but i didn't any idea. so please tell me some web
sites to find these answers.

Andrew already gave you a very good point to start.

Exceptions aren't hard to understand, really. To understand what
exceptions are and what they are used for it might be better to ask
*when* to use them.

Turn on Google, now.

Bye
Michael

Mark Rafn

Amali said:
What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

In many ways, an exception is just an alternate return type from a method
invocation. It's declared in the method signature, like the normal return
type, throwing it exits the current method, like the return keyword.

There are a lot more details to it, which you should probably read in your
textbook.

Alex Hunsley

Mark said:
In many ways, an exception is just an alternate return type from a method
invocation. It's declared in the method signature, like the normal return
type, throwing it exits the current method, like the return keyword.

Would also like to add: exceptions shouldn't be used in place of the
normal return mechanism: they are for exceptional circumstances, as they
are costly to set up.

lex

murari garg

What are java exceptions? and why are they used?

hi
exception are used in programme where the probability of making error
is more.
By using exception in your programme , youcan run your wrong
programme to some extends.

If you want to have good practice of exception than i recommand you

do the unsolved problems of " schaum series in java programming "
More Details : http://www.mcgraw-hill.com.sg/html/titleDetail.jsp?isbn=9780071420402.html

Andrew Thompson

Thank you for giving details information to find exception.

That (AFAIR) was the top listed entry in
the search I specified 2 days ago.
Did you ignore my reply?

Andrew T.

Amali

That (AFAIR) was the top listed entry in
the search I specified 2 days ago.
Did you ignore my reply?

Andrew T.

I got information about exception using the link u have given.
Thanx