Java function that will convert an arbitrary base to a decimal

Daniel

You are free to leave.

But it will be your loss. There are good info to get here.

And most other similar places would also be a bit picky about
home work etc..

You may learn something from:

Including:
   http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#homework
   http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#rtfm
   http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#keepcool
   http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#not_losing

Arne

I guess you are right. Next time I will be more careful about how I
ask questions.

Have a great day!

Lew

Dan said:
But you said,
"This is for a computer systems class , [sic]"

Which one is the lie?

Patricia said:
Probably neither. "computer systems" and "programming" are not synonyms.

OK, but it sure was misleading to have a programming question from someone
who's telling us that he's taking a computer whatever class, that it's a class
assignment, and then later to renege on that claim, whilst cussing out
markspace for trying to help based on what was said the first time. It is
reasonable to assume based on his first posts that it was a computer "systems"
class that also taught programming. So maybe it wasn't an out-and-out lie,
but it sure was disingenuous of him to pretend that he hadn't made an effort
to give the impression that he was taking a programming class. Especially
when he did it to try to justify asking markspace to "bite" him. Markspace
was genuinely trying to help based on the information that was provided at the
time, and didn't deserve that kind of response.

Daniel

Dan said:
All I was asking for is a starting place not the whole code. Like I
said this caught me off guard since it was not a programming class.
Patricia said:
[...]

Lew your are a psychotic nutcase, and you really need to mind your own
business, and you need to keep your assumptions between you and your
doctor.

Arne Vajhøj

Patricia said:
[...]

But you think it is OK to accuse him of lying based on "It
is reasonable to assume"?

Arne

Lew

Daniel said:
Lew your [sic] are a psychotic nutcase, and you really need to mind your own
business, and you need to keep your assumptions between you and your
doctor.

When you post in a public forum, it becomes everyone's business. You have
shown yourself consistently to be rude, misleading, self-righteous and
completely unworthy. I do not feel in the least insulted by your stupid
comments because you have already amply demonstrated that your opinion means
less than nothing. You came in here asking for help and have yet to show any
courtesy or gratitude. Plonk.

Daniel

Lew said:
[...]

I will admit to be uneducated and not knowing what or how to ask the
question or even where to ask it. However, I never intentionally
mislead anyone that is why I told everyone it was a class assignment
to begin with.

Thank you very much and have a wonderful weekend!

Roedy Green

I will admit to be uneducated and not knowing what or how to ask the
question or even where to ask it. However, I never intentionally
mislead anyone that is why I told everyone it was a class assignment
to begin with.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/radix.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroup.html

Lew likes to play an Eric Berne game called Gotcha. His joy in life is
to humiliate others. You would think everyone would plonk him, but he
is well informed and spends huge amounts of time in the service of
others with extremely detailed answers. You have just have to filter
out the insults he likes to deliver that gold with.

He is SO present here because in face to face life, people won't let
him get away with it. Think of it as like a Tourette's tic and perhaps
you can appreciate him for the national treasure he is.

Lew

Daniel wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
Roedy said:
see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/radix.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroup.html

Lew likes to play an Eric Berne game called Gotcha. His joy in life is
to humiliate others. You would think everyone would plonk him, but he
is well informed and spends huge amounts of time in the service of
others with extremely detailed answers. You have just have to filter
out the insults he likes to deliver that gold with.

He is SO present here because in face to face life, people won't let
him get away with it. Think of it as like a Tourette's tic and perhaps
you can appreciate him for the national treasure he is.

You're talking to the poster who out of the blue invited markspace to bite
him. Daniel is the insulter.

As for your fantasies about my life, enjoy them with my blessing.

Arne Vajhøj

Lew likes to play an Eric Berne game called Gotcha. His joy in life is
to humiliate others. You would think everyone would plonk him, but he
is well informed and spends huge amounts of time in the service of
others with extremely detailed answers. You have just have to filter
out the insults he likes to deliver that gold with.

He is SO present here because in face to face life, people won't let
him get away with it. Think of it as like a Tourette's tic and perhaps
you can appreciate him for the national treasure he is.

Lew can be a bit harsh (occasionally too harsh IMHO), but rather
someone knowledgeable telling the facts a bit blunt than
a clueless polite person.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/radix.html

is pretty bad.

<quote>
String g = Integer.toString( i, 36 /* radix 2 to 36 */ );
int i = Integer.parseInt( g.trim(), 36 /* radix 2 to 36 */ );
</quote>

Arne