java L&F with some new UI component

Arne Vajhøj

Why is this a good thing?

And what would induce anyone to run a jar file from a stranger?

You have the choice to get the jar or the source code as you
prefer.

So what are you complaining about?

Arne

Ian Shef

You have the choice to get the jar or the source code as you
prefer.

So what are you complaining about?

Arne

Usually, an announcement like this would come with a summary of features that
would (presumably) provide an advantage to using this L & F over some other L
& F. There wasn't any. One has to start digging through the web site, one
object at a time (there appear to be six), to dig out this information. At
the top level, the web site just says "It contains different themes :
white/blue/red/etc", which isn't very helpful either.

My other complaint was about a lack of source code. I was wrong and
apologize. The source code is there, I just didn't look far enough.

Arne Vajhøj

Usually, an announcement like this would come with a summary of features that
would (presumably) provide an advantage to using this L& F over some other L
& F. There wasn't any. One has to start digging through the web site, one
object at a time (there appear to be six), to dig out this information. At
the top level, the web site just says "It contains different themes :
white/blue/red/etc", which isn't very helpful either.

In general yes.

But I am not expecting a new L&F to have an advantage over
other L&F's.

I am just expecting it to look different.

Some may like the new L&F other may not.
My other complaint was about a lack of source code. I was wrong and
apologize. The source code is there, I just didn't look far enough.

I were expecting it to be there.

Google Code project hosting is for open source projects.

Arne