java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

zhao

Hi,
I made a project using Java access SQL Server 2000 database. The
client and server side work well when I compile and run them in Ultra
editor. But when I want to run the server program under DOS prompt, if
server class name is server.class, e.g: I type
d:\Java\Server\java server
The error appears: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver.

Can anybody tell me what is the problem and how to solve it? Why I can
run it under Ultra editor but not DOS?Thanks a lot.

zhao

Arnaud Berger

Hi !

It looks like the jar files containing the MS SQL driver are not in
your classpath...

Regards,

Arnaud