java.lang.IllegalStateException

srujan.gudisa

Any Idea? what is does this error means?

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the
response has been committed"

I am new to JAVA, please help me understand this error, and when can
we get the error.

If this is a basic error also, please make sometime in telling me what
that exactly means.

Thanks,
Srujan.

David Sharp

Any Idea? what is does this error means?

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the
response has been committed"

I am new to JAVA, please help me understand this error, and when can
we get the error.

If this is a basic error also, please make sometime in telling me what
that exactly means.

A response is committed whenever an action on your part causes the
status code and headers to be written to the browser. At that point,
because the status code and headers are already set, anything that tries
to alter the status code, or the headers will result in an
IllegalStateException being thrown.

Just hypothesizing here, but attempting to create a session probably
results in the code attempting to set a cookie via the set-cookie
header. Since the response has already written the status code and
headers to the browser, this results in an IllegalStateException.

Regards,
Dave

srujan.gudisa

A response is committed whenever an action on your part causes the
status code and headers to be written to the browser.  At that point,
because the status code and headers are already set, anything that tries
to alter the status code, or the headers will result in an
IllegalStateException being thrown.

Just hypothesizing here, but attempting to create a session probably
results in the code attempting to set a cookie via the set-cookie
header.  Since the response has already written the status code and
headers to the browser, this results in an IllegalStateException.

Regards,
Dave

Thanks a Lot Dave, I am a little bit confused, but I think I am
getting it.
Thanks a Lot.