java.policy

Darren

Chris Uppal said:
Darren said:
[me:]
Some problems do not have a technical solution. This most often
happens when the problem has a non-technical aspect, as in this case.
The non-technical problem is that (for whatever reason of your own) you
choose to publish your web pages with a host that does not allow
server-side scripting.
What makes you think it was my choice. I don't own the box that hosts my
website but i do own the one that hosts my members area

But you did choose to put your website on that box. You can change if you
want.

True but my own box isn't on 24/7. the one that hosts my website is,
allegidly.
Change the circumstances.

(Or, to be a little less unhelpful, what /I/ would do is change the static
website before taking down my own machine, and change it back again after the
maintenance was complete. That would be a pain to do by hand every time,
obviously, so I'd automate it.)

yep that's what the java applet is for. :)