Java Popups

WiLLerZ

Hi guys, I know this is probably the wrong forum, but I'm hoping
someone can help. Basically, my computer has issues with Java popup
windows (i.e. they won't open) and it gets very irritating with some
sites that use this (for example, I have applied for a job where some
details needed to be entered using popups and I couldn't do it). I
have tried switching off my popup blockers and messing around with my
Java settings, but I can't seem to work out what the problem is. Can
anyone help? (or point me in the right direction for someone better to
ask)
Cheers

Andrew Thompson

WiLLerZ said:
Hi guys, I know this is probably the wrong forum, but I'm hoping
someone can help. Basically, my computer has issues with Java popup
windows (i.e. they won't open) and it gets very irritating with some
sites that use this (for example, I have applied for a job where some
details needed to be entered using popups and I couldn't do it). I
have tried switching off my popup blockers and messing around with my
Java settings, but I can't seem to work out what the problem is. Can
anyone help? (or point me in the right direction for someone better to
ask)

It is probably a 'security update' or a pop-up
blocker toolbar that did not properly uninstall
itself.

The simplest solution is to install another browser
that does not have all the extra cruft, or reinstall the
current one (and assuming the 'current one' is IE,
installing another browser is a far simpler option -
I do not know if IE can be reinstalled, short of
reinstalling Windows).

Andrew T.