Java Print Service question

Seref Arikan

Hi,
According to java print service guide in
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jps/spec/JPSTOC.fm.html , i
should be able to create appropriate docFlavor, using the constructor
with supported MIME types and representatin classes as paramaters.
When i read this, i thought it would not be much of a problem to print
html or plain text. But after some effort i found out that my laser
printer (HP) did not support most of the docflavors in the document
including text/html( using win2k) Also some of my application's
clients will be using dot matrix printers and win98, and i have to
consider printing non-Englich characters (iso 8859-9)
Basicly, i want to print plain text or HTML (which is much better for
my application in fact). Is there anything i can to do obtain this
functionality ? Can anyone point me to any url for further reading ?
One of the implementations i found on groups used java2d to print
text, is this the way i have to go ?
I don't want to send data to printer as images, since it'd be enough
for me to be able to print html consisting of basic tables.Why are
most of the docflavor mime types not supported (i've seen the same
problem in some other posts too)
Could anyone please point me to detailed resources for printing out
reports/forms in swing ?
Any help would be appreciated a lot

Best Regards
Seref Arikan