Java programmers needed

phrite

Hello everyone,

I recently designed a website called the DigiTrust that is designed to
bridge the gap between technology content and people. My goal is to
have any user go to the site, and the content will be completly
customized based on the users skills and strengths. VB programmers will
find a site that contains VB content, Linux users will find a site that
contains Linux content. When you use the site, the DigiTrust will learn
about your strengths and use that to connect you and the content.
People will be able to find you based upon your skills, and you will be
able to find content based on your skills.

The more people that join the Trust, the better the system will work.
Please go to <a
href="http://www.thedigitrust.com">http://www.thedigitrust.com</a> and
try and fill it with knowledge from your brain. Share it with others,
because in return you will be able to get as much free knowledge
back... much easier than ever before. The DigiTrust is still in it's
early stages, so please send me as much feedback on the website as
possible... I need harsh criticism! My username is brandonb and my
e-mail is (e-mail address removed).

Finally, a tech site that revolves around YOU!

Roedy Green

Great, now I can stop waiting.

why do people here so typically treat those who have opened some free
website with a contempt they would not even dream of throwing at a guy
who had napalmed a child to death?

What's so wicked?

Thomas Weidenfeller

Roedy said:
why do people here so typically treat those who have opened some free
website with a contempt

Because:

a) That guy multiposted

b) That guy posted advertising to non-advertising newsgroups

c) The site is run by some company "Rytell Corporation" with apparently
some business interest. The original poster (e-mail address removed) alias
brandonb, alias Brandon E. Burr is the CEO of Rytell.

d) a) + b) + c) = spam.

e) The posting was full of buzzwords, and snake oil salesman wordings,
but very low on substance.

f) That guy drank too much Web 2.0 kool-aid.

g) Yet another one who wants to tell "us" he has found the silver
bullet. But of course fails to explain what it should be.

h) Rytell own corporate web site (http://www.rytell.com/) tells users
"©2005 Rytell Corporation. Only for use within the United States and the
District of Columbia". Ups, a bade case of Xenophobia? I find such
people more than annoying. Apparently people like me are anyhow not
welcome on Rytell web sites.

i) Drive-by-posters like the OP don't contribute to the group.

j) I consider it rather impolite to try to lure users from one
discussion group to another discussion forum. It harms the community,
because it fragments it even more.

k) Luring away people also harms this newsgroup directly. Why should
people in this group be friendly to people who effectively set out to
harm, even destroy, it?

/Thomas

Tail_Spin

Dito to Roedy.

With so much negativism in the world and especially in most news groups, it
makes me wonder how mankind
ever crawled out of the stone-ages sometimes.

Luc The Perverse

Tail_Spin said:
Dito to Roedy.

With so much negativism in the world and especially in most news groups,
it
makes me wonder how mankind
ever crawled out of the stone-ages sometimes.

Ah well the negativity started long after the stone age

Jeffrey Schwab

Tail_Spin said:
With so much negativism in the world and especially in most news groups, it
makes me wonder how mankind
ever crawled out of the stone-ages sometimes.

Well, it probably helped that they didn't have Usenet then. People are
a lot more careful to be nice when there's a chance of being physically
pummeled.

Chris Uppal

Jeffrey said:
Well, it probably helped that they didn't have Usenet then. People are
a lot more careful to be nice when there's a chance of being physically
pummeled.

OTOH, people get a lot more physically damaged in such situations.

I wonder what percentage of Usenet users who die or get injured do so as the
result of deliberately harmful action by another Usenet user.

I wonder what percentage of humans who have died or been injured since the
stone age did so as the result of deliberately harmful action by another human.

Personally, I'm with Thomas and his list. (Although I haven't attempted to
verify the points which require following a link or any kind of background
check).

-- chris

Gerbrand van Dieijen

Roedy Green schreef:
What's so wicked?

If someone in a bar would tell me exactly the same, my response wouldn't
be different. Except if it was mean guy bigger than me or if it was a
pretty girl. ;-)

steve

Ah well the negativity started long after the stone age
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I actually do not think it did, it started soon after more than 1 person got
together.

"Hay lets go hunting"
"no it's raining"

"I saw that root vegetable first"
"don't be greedy you already have a mate"

Steve