java.rmi.server.hostname letter-figure problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by David Murko, Dec 2, 2004.

  1. David Murko

    David Murko Guest

    dear all,

    ich have a strange problem (for me) when starting jboss (3.2) with the
    'java.rmi.server.hostname' parameter.

    i start jboss with run.sh and this parameters:

    ####
    ..
    ..
    ..
    # Execute
    cd $JBOSS_HOME/bin

    $JAVA \
    -Xms1500M -Xmx1500M -Xss256k \
    -ea -esa -server \
    \
    -Djava.awt.headless=true \
    ..
    ..
    ..
    -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=server.nice4you.com" \
    -Djava.rmi.server.useLocalHostname=false \
    -classpath "$JBOSS_CLASSPATH" \
    \
    -Djava.io.tmpdir=../server/default/tmp \
    \
    $JAVA_OPTS \
    $JBOSS_OPTS \
    \
    org.jboss.Main "$@" \
    >> $JBOSS_LOG 2>&1 &

    ..
    ..
    ..
    ####

    and the 'java.rmi.server.hostname' value 'server.nice4you.com' was ignored,

    but when i use this value 'server.niceyou.com' instead it works.

    so my question: is there a problem with a letter-figure combination and
    when yes, is there a workaround for this.

    with regards, davidm
    David Murko, Dec 2, 2004