java.rmi.server.hostname letter-figure problem

David Murko

dear all,

ich have a strange problem (for me) when starting jboss (3.2) with the
'java.rmi.server.hostname' parameter.

i start jboss with run.sh and this parameters:

####
..
..
..
# Execute
cd $JBOSS_HOME/bin

$JAVA \
-Xms1500M -Xmx1500M -Xss256k \
-ea -esa -server \
\
-Djava.awt.headless=true \
..
..
..
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=server.nice4you.com" \
-Djava.rmi.server.useLocalHostname=false \
-classpath "$JBOSS_CLASSPATH" \
\
-Djava.io.tmpdir=../server/default/tmp \
\
$JAVA_OPTS \
$JBOSS_OPTS \
\
org.jboss.Main "$@" \
..
..
..
####

and the 'java.rmi.server.hostname' value 'server.nice4you.com' was ignored,

but when i use this value 'server.niceyou.com' instead it works.

so my question: is there a problem with a letter-figure combination and
when yes, is there a workaround for this.

with regards, davidm