JAVA scipt needed

kotkot

Hi all - I am looking for a JAVA script that automatically downloads
and executes a .exe or .com program upon clicking a link.

Let me know (I'd appreciate an answer to my email address as well)

Thanks ...

Joona I Palaste

(e-mail address removed) scribbled the following:

comp.lang.javascript is that way ====================================>

--
/-- Joona Palaste ([email protected]) ------------- Finland --------\
"I said 'play as you've never played before', not 'play as IF you've never

VisionSet

Hi all - I am looking for a JAVA script

No...

You are looking for a JavaScript

in which case, wrong group.

We don't do scripting here. Unless you're wanting JSTL?

Incidentally, if you look here:

http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

You will see a coffee cup next to their JavaScript blurb.

What's that all about?
Have the JS brigade nicked our device as well as our name?

Anton Spaans

Hi,

I think that is virtually impossible.

1. JavaScript is not allowed to open sockets (internet connections to the
outside - or even inside - world). The only way to do that is to use FRAMEs
or IFRAMEs inside your main HTML.
2. For security reasons, Java script can not execute external (and
downloaded) programs.
3. Then you're left with writing a plug-in/ActiveX control to do what you
want, where your Java script instructs that plug-in/ActiveX control what to
do.

-- Anton.

(BTW: be very cautious about posting your e-mail address in newsgroups. You
may get slammed with spam later :) )

Jezuch

U¿ytkownik (e-mail address removed) napisa³:
Hi all - I am looking for a JAVA script that automatically downloads
and executes a .exe or .com program upon clicking a link.

Hey, you don't need scripts to do that, just use Internet Explorer :]