Java Script Problem

Go Live

Hi,

I have one problem in javascript embedded in ASP.
I have one search text box and one image file button. So that when
user enter some text in the text box and click button it displays the
result in other page. i have coded javascript in "On Click " event in
the button.

Now the search result is displayed only when i click the button
through the mouse. But when i enter text in the textbox and press
enter it shows the content of parent webpage in child page.

Do i need to do anything in the form tag so that it works in both
ways.

Thank you very much.

Evertjan.

Go Live wrote on 17 dec 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi,

I have one problem in javascript embedded in ASP.
"embedded"?

I have one search text box and one image file button. So that when
user enter some text in the text box and click button it displays the
result in other page. i have coded javascript in "On Click " event in
the button.

Now the search result is displayed only when i click the button
through the mouse. But when i enter text in the textbox and press
enter it shows the content of parent webpage in child page.

Do i need to do anything in the form tag so that it works in both
ways.

That is a clientside javascript problem.

This NG is for ASP an only serverside executed javascript is on topic
here.

For clientside javascript try:

comp.lang.javascript

and add the nost simple part of the offending code.