Java/Spring/Tomcat

Brian (withholding surname)

Hi, I am starting a new dfevelopment job on Wednesday using Java,
Spring, and Tomcat. That is all I know so far. I don't know how I got
the job but I did. I can't find (Google) a "Hello World" simple web app
that will get me started, so I have a head start when I start on
Wednesday. Can someone help me out with an example on the web.
Thank you
Brian

Oliver Wong

Brian (withholding surname) said:
Hi, I am starting a new dfevelopment job on Wednesday using Java,
Spring, and Tomcat. That is all I know so far. I don't know how I got
the job but I did. I can't find (Google) a "Hello World" simple web app
that will get me started, so I have a head start when I start on
Wednesday. Can someone help me out with an example on the web.

When I google for "Java Spring" I get
http://www.springframework.org/docs/MVC-step-by-step/Spring-MVC-step-by-step.html

- Oliver

Mark Space

Brian said:
Hi, I am starting a new dfevelopment job on Wednesday using Java,
Spring, and Tomcat. That is all I know so far. I don't know how I got
the job but I did. I can't find (Google) a "Hello World" simple web app
that will get me started, so I have a head start when I start on
Wednesday. Can someone help me out with an example on the web.
Thank you
Brian

I dunno what spring is. Tomcat is a web server (sorta) with a CGI
interface for Java programs (sorta). It's made by the Apache folks:

http://tomcat.apache.org.

That'll get you started on the Tomcat and Java part. Also look for Head
First Servlets and JSP, which will teach you quite a bit about Tomcat
and Java.

Spring: You're on your own. Good luck!