java.sql.SQLException with jdbc:odbc bridge driver and api

Discussion in 'Java' started by Kermit Piper, Jun 11, 2006.

  1. Kermit Piper

    Kermit Piper Guest

    Hello,

    I've seen a lot of information on this error: java.sql.SQLException:
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
    default driver specified.

    However, the only definitive solution I can find is going to Control
    Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Data Sources(OBDC)-->System DSN-->etc. I
    did this and the connection tests fine. So, this is not the cause of
    the error in this case. So, given what I have explained and the snippet
    below, can someone please offer some help in resolving this. I am
    running in the following environment: Windows XP Pro, SQL Server 2000,
    JBoss 4.0.2, JDK 150_07.

    1. created my database
    2. created a system DSN
    3. did the required modifications in it
    4. added the rt.jar to the web-inf\lib dir and did another build, then
    restarted JBoss.

    // JDBC:ODBC bridge using api and using table:

    This method is used in my LoginServlet:
    public String validateUser(String inputUserid, String inputPwd) throws
    SQLException
    {
    String returnString = null;
    String dbUserid = "testuser";
    String dbPassword = "password" ;
    try
    catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe)
    {
    System.out.println(cnfe);
    }
    try
    {
    Connection con =
    DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:eek:dbc:LocalServer",
    dbUserid ,dbPassword);
    Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
    String sql = "select USERID from USERTABLE where USERID
    = '" +
    inputUserid + "' and PASSWORD = '" + inputPwd +"' ;" ;
    ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
    if (rs.next())
    {
    returnString = rs.getString("USERID");