java.util.zip - problem opening some legitimite me zip files

Alex Hunsley

I'm returning to a project I left off a short while ago. One of the problems I
had was that java.util.zip was having problems opening some zip files that
opened just fine in winzip.
When I get my hand into the code again (tonight perhaps) I can maybe reproduce
the actual error, but as I recall, java.util.zip thought that the zip file was
corrupt.
Anyone had experience with OK zip files getting rejected by the zip package in
this way?
Will post more info when I have it.

ta,
alex

Andrew Thompson

Anyone had experience with OK zip files getting rejected by the zip package in
this way?
Yep.

Will post more info when I have it.

Goodo.

....Oh all-right Alex. The answer to your
(rather vague) question is probably that
the Zip file's index is corrupt, but in
that case the ZipEntries can still be
retrieved sequentially.

WinZip probably tries the first, then
silently falls back to the second.

Google Chris Uppal's posts for a long and
detailed discussion of the arcane aspects
of ZipFiles.

--
Andrew Thompson