    FireFox. The application still runs.

    Thanks....

    Bruce
    bruce, Nov 7, 2010

  2. bruce

    markspace Guest

    On 11/7/2010 12:49 PM, bruce wrote:
    > Whenever I run a Java Web Application that I have developed, I get an
    > informational Windows dialog;
    >
    > Could not access the URL through the external browser.

    You know, you can type (or copy-paste) just about any error message
    there is for any product into Google and get some pretty good
    information on what is going on. For example, when I type your last
    sentence that I quoted above into Google, I get this:

    <http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4646857>
    markspace, Nov 7, 2010

  3. bruce

    bruce Guest

    On Nov 7, 4:21 pm, markspace <> wrote:
    > On 11/7/2010 12:49 PM, bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Whenever I run a Java Web Application that I have developed, I get an
    > > informational Windows dialog;

    > > Could not access the URL through the external browser.

    > You know, you can type (or copy-paste) just about any error message
    > there is for any product into Google and get some pretty good
    > information on what is going on.  For example, when I type your last
    > sentence that I quoted above into Google, I get this:
    >
    > <http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4646857>

    Thanks for the suggestions. I went to a website to examine what was
    been suggested as a solution. The best one I found was suggesting that
    I manually enter the URL of my application into the NetBeans
    options.

    Thanks again...

    Bruce
    bruce, Nov 7, 2010
  4. bruce

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 12:49:13 -0800 (PST), bruce <>

    >Whenever I run a Java Web Application that I have developed, I get an
    >informational Windows dialog;
    >
    >Could not access the URL through the external browser. Check the
    >browser configuration.
    >
    >Appreciate help on getting rid of the error. My default browser is
    >FireFox. The application still runs.

    Do you mean an Applet of Java Web Start? You need to sign to access a
    URL not in the branch of where the jar is.

    Try dumping the URL to see is if is well formed.

    What code are you feeding the URL to?
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Finding a bug is a sign you were asleep a the switch when coding. Stop debugging, and go back over your code line by line.
    Roedy Green, Nov 8, 2010