Java Web Application error

bruce

Whenever I run a Java Web Application that I have developed, I get an
informational Windows dialog;

Could not access the URL through the external browser. Check the
browser configuration.

Appreciate help on getting rid of the error. My default browser is
FireFox. The application still runs.

Thanks....

Bruce

markspace

Whenever I run a Java Web Application that I have developed, I get an
informational Windows dialog;

Could not access the URL through the external browser.

You know, you can type (or copy-paste) just about any error message
there is for any product into Google and get some pretty good
information on what is going on. For example, when I type your last
sentence that I quoted above into Google, I get this:

<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4646857>

bruce

You know, you can type (or copy-paste) just about any error message
there is for any product into Google and get some pretty good
information on what is going on.  For example, when I type your last
sentence that I quoted above into Google, I get this:

<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4646857>

Thanks for the suggestions. I went to a website to examine what was
been suggested as a solution. The best one I found was suggesting that
I manually enter the URL of my application into the NetBeans
options.

Thanks again...

Bruce

Roedy Green

Whenever I run a Java Web Application that I have developed, I get an
informational Windows dialog;

Could not access the URL through the external browser. Check the
browser configuration.

Appreciate help on getting rid of the error. My default browser is
FireFox. The application still runs.

Do you mean an Applet of Java Web Start? You need to sign to access a
URL not in the branch of where the jar is.

Try dumping the URL to see is if is well formed.

What code are you feeding the URL to?