    any chance of such a thing existing? I heard that Mozilla was trying to port
    to java (Jazilla). I wasn't able to find too much information on that. Was
    the project abandoned?
    Miguel De Anda, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Miguel De Anda

    Harald Hein Guest

    "Miguel De Anda" wrote:

    > Is there some java based web browser (free) that I can use as part
    > of my application?

    Jave comes with the remains of Suns old Hotjva browser. JTextPanel
    decends from it and is rather limited. But you can start to build some
    kind of browser around it.

    You can also use JavaHelp. The tools are nice, but it is also build
    around JTextPanel. So capabilities are limited, too.

    > Is there any that are close to the current
    > Mozilla browser?

    No, not at all.

    > Can it do javascript? Can it have embedded Flash,
    > Real, etc.? If not, is there any chance of such a thing existing?

    No. No. Extremely unlikely. Writing a modern browser requires a lot of
    effort.

    > I heard that Mozilla was trying to port to java (Jazilla).

    Not the Mozilla project, some other people. But it is currently very
    limited.

    http://jazilla.sourceforge.net/
    Harald Hein, Jul 21, 2003

  3. On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:54:25 GMT, Miguel De Anda wrote:
    >Is there some java based web browser (free) that I can use as part of my
    >application? Is there any that are close to the current Mozilla browser? Can
    >it do javascript? Can it have embedded Flash, Real, etc.? If not, is there
    >any chance of such a thing existing? I heard that Mozilla was trying to port
    >to java (Jazilla). I wasn't able to find too much information on that. Was
    >the project abandoned?

    Depending on your needs, you could use Mozilla itself, since it is ported
    to many platforms. With some effort I could be integrated into Java, there
    might even be a mozilla-to-java library available, although I couldn't
    find it immediately.

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    WWW: http://twisted.warande.net