java webservice & some needs

leone0709

Hello,

I am new in java development and hope people here will help me to come
over the following problem.

My project is like this -
1. A RPC Soap Webservice (deployed using WSDL) takes requests from
client software.
2. Based on a request - it needs to start a number of parallel threads
to collect information from different vendors.
3. Then it responses back the collected vendor information

I am still undecided about the step 2. My intention is to separate the
threads code as a separate jar for each thread and load the thread
classes in run-time. Also it is highly likely that the vendor
information interface may change frequently - it may need to unload
the thread class/jar.

Will it be good enough decision to develop a custom class loader to
load thread classes (jar) at run-time and maintain a list for those?
Any other new idea? Servlet? Please explain how?

Thanks in advance
Sunny

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

My project is like this -
1. A RPC Soap Webservice (deployed using WSDL) takes requests from
client software.
2. Based on a request - it needs to start a number of parallel threads
to collect information from different vendors.
3. Then it responses back the collected vendor information

I am still undecided about the step 2. My intention is to separate the
threads code as a separate jar for each thread and load the thread
classes in run-time.

The process/thread model and the distribution of classes in
jar files is rather independent, so no problem.
Also it is highly likely that the vendor
information interface may change frequently - it may need to unload
the thread class/jar.

Will it be good enough decision to develop a custom class loader to
load thread classes (jar) at run-time and maintain a list for those?
Any other new idea? Servlet? Please explain how?

You do not need to develop a classloader. The standard URLClassLoader
can do it.

But does you web service have so high uptime requirements that you
can not spend 5 seconds restarting the entire application ?

Arne

leone0709

Hi Arne,

"restarting the entire application" is a problem. See my comment
below.

The process/thread model and the distribution of classes in
jar files is rather independent, so no problem.

Thanks for your comment.
You do not need to develop a classloader. The standard URLClassLoader
can do it.

But does you web service have so high uptime requirements that you
can not spend 5 seconds restarting the entire application ?

There may be some people who will be using the system (may be at the
middle of a booking process) - so restarting can break booking
process. My idea is to send an XML request to webservice for having
some services down.

I am thinking if it is possible to build servlet managed "ventor
information collector" rather than custom build threads pool?

Any new idea will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sunny