Java2D Direct3D usage disabled by J2D_D3D env

Brij

Hi,

I get this message on my console (at the end) everytime I run a piece of
code. The message is "Java2D Direct3D usage disabled by J2D_D3D env". What
is this ?

I read the file: jdk1.4\demo\jfc\Java2D\README.txt which says I should
[Run with following parameter: -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true]

This is the information in the README file.
Known Issue

This problem is present on Microsoft Windows 95 with DirectX and
Windows 98 and 98SE operating systems. Solaris(TM) and Windows NT
operating systems are not affected.

Java2Demo exhibits random lockups in lengthy looping runs or in runs
having "custom Thread" activated specific tabs such as Transform. This
lockup occurs mostly on slower machines, PII233 and below, but is also
seen less frequently on faster machines. The cause is possibly
DirectDraw and/or videocard driver or combination thereof. Please do
one of the following to either prevent or reduce the chances of a
lockup:

Run with following parameter: -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

java -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar Java2Demo.jar

and/or visit Microsoft's DirectX and dnload the latest as well as the
latest of your videocard driver.

BUT when I tried running with the above parameter, I got the following
ERROR:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot
find the file specified
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:127)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:65)

Could you please tell me how to stop getting this message "Java2D Direct3D
usage disabled by J2D_D3D env" everytime on the console.

I use JBuilderX for development and the OS is windows XP professional and
the jdk is jdk1.4.2.

Sudsy

Brij wrote:
Could you please tell me how to stop getting this message "Java2D Direct3D
usage disabled by J2D_D3D env" everytime on the console.

I'm going to do even better!
I use JBuilderX for development and the OS is windows XP professional and
the jdk is jdk1.4.2.

Turns out that this is a JBuilder issue. How did I determine that?
I did what everyone should do when encountering a problem like this:
I started at <http://groups.google.com>. Did you know that they took
over the DejaNews database? That it contains most of the posts made
to the Usenet groups over the past decade?
You'll want to winnow the number of hits so use this query string:
+J2D_D3D +JBuilder

So do yourself a big favour and try to find your own answers in the
future. It's highly likely that someone else has already run into
the situation and posted. Hopefully you'll also find a solution,
saving yourself time and effort. And no waiting for the lag time
on Usenet!