    encountered this problem and if so has anyone found a solution. Thanks
    in advance for any help you can provide!!!
    Here is the important part of the exception that is thrown:
    2006-06-08 15:57:17,896 INFO [STDOUT] 15:57:17,895 ERROR
    [MessageManager] javax.mail.MessagingException: Failed to load IMAP
    envelope
    2006-06-08 15:57:17,896 INFO [STDOUT] javax.mail.MessagingException:
    Failed to load IMAP envelope
    2006-06-08 15:57:17,896 INFO [STDOUT] at
    com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.loadEnvelope(IMAPMessage.java:1196)
    2006-06-08 15:57:17,897 INFO [STDOUT] at
    com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.getSubject(IMAPMessage.java:302)

    Sash, Jun 8, 2006

  2. "Sash" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I've encountered a problem with JavaMail and an IMAP server. It
    > seems

    Which IMAP server software is this server running? I've found that the
    various IMAP servers can, and do have significant differences in how they
    interpret the IMAP standard, and thus significant differences in their
    behaviour.

    > that when a message exists on an IMAP server that has null for
    > recipient field, javamail throws an exception when ever you try to
    > retrieve any message from the server. Null recipient field gets
    > created when bcc is used to send an email to a group. Has anyone
    > else encountered this problem and if so has anyone found a solution.
    > Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!!
    > Here is the important part of the exception that is thrown:
    > 2006-06-08 15:57:17,896 INFO [STDOUT] 15:57:17,895 ERROR
    > [MessageManager] javax.mail.MessagingException: Failed to load IMAP
    > envelope
    > 2006-06-08 15:57:17,896 INFO [STDOUT]
    > javax.mail.MessagingException: Failed to load IMAP envelope

    I'd also suggest asking about this on the JavaMail mailing list.
    Subscription information for this mailing list may be found at
    <http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/>.

    Cheers
    GRB

    Greg R. Broderick, Jun 8, 2006