javascript and Acrobat "saveAs" ... why is it so elusive?

ByteHunter

I have created a PDF with fillable forms - using javascript to achieve
certain results and it works B-E-A utifully. Now I have ONE more thing
I need to add: A single button that SAVES and closes the file - WITHOUT
the need for a "Save As ..." dialog box.

I do what I think is correct, and no matter what, I get (from the
console message) a security issue.

Is there a SIMPLE way to accomplish this task ... am I missing
something ... am I making it more complicated than it needs to be ...
do I need more coffee?

I know how to use the "Execute Menu Item" but that is NOT what I want.
I need to do it all thru javascript with no additional dialog boxes.

All I want to do ... in (basically) one smooth user motion: CLICK, SAVE, CLOSE

Mac OS, Acrobat 8.

Can someone help? Anyone? Anyone?